Tablet PC SP3 writing pad does not insert into remote desktop sess

CD-RW drive is not recordable in XP

I have recently upgraded to XP SP3 on my LE1600. Since them, during Remote
Desktop/Remote Workplace seesion, when I take control of a Windows XP/Windows
Server computer, writing pad of the Input panel does not insert anything into
the remote applications. However keyboard mode of the Input panel does
insert. The writing pad does recognisze words and display them, but when I
click Insert, the text is not inserted and displayed in the remote
application (eg. Word, Internet Explorer, Outlook, etc.)

rommel120783

Check the compatibility of your installed program with your OS.
SOmetimes WIndows XPSP3 has lots of incompatibilities with hardware an
software programs

--
rommel120783

CD-RW drive is not recordable in XP

There are no compatibility problems. Tablet with SP3 works perfectly fine
with local applications. However whenever tablet uses remote desktop sessions
to the XP SP2 computer, it does not insert using witing pad into the same
applications, that it works fine locally with.

"rommel120783" wrote:

> Check the compatibility of your installed program with your OS.
> SOmetimes WIndows XPSP3 has lots of incompatibilities with hardware and
> software programs.
>

> --
> rommel120783

CD-RW drive is not recordable in XP

There are no compatibility problems as I stated before. All applications work
fine. Both table PC and remote desktop are SP3.

"CD-RW drive is not recordable in XP" wrote:

> There are no compatibility problems. Tablet with SP3 works perfectly fine
> with local applications. However whenever tablet uses remote desktop sessions
> to the XP SP2 computer, it does not insert using witing pad into the same
> applications, that it works fine locally with.
>
> "rommel120783" wrote:
>

> > Check the compatibility of your installed program with your OS.
> > SOmetimes WIndows XPSP3 has lots of incompatibilities with hardware and
> > software programs.
> >

> > --
> > rommel120783

Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]

Seem to remember that there was a kb article on this... suggest
searching this group using
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...tabletpc?hl=en
as well as searching the kb for this.

In the mean time, assume you know you can start/run/osk on the remote
box to achieve text input.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]