tabsplash.hta

MUeardoc

SP2 installed but now i get an internal script error with login in a file
called tabsplash.hta. Any thoughts on how to fix?

Chris H.

What is the error message? That file, I believe (don't have it here at
present) is the initial splash screen with information basic about Tablets
which shows upon your desktop after booting up, until you put a check mark
in the box on the lower-left corner. If you have done the latter, you might
check your Startup folder to see if it is still attempting to load.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"MUeardoc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> SP2 installed but now i get an internal script error with login in a file
> called tabsplash.hta. Any thoughts on how to fix?

tom

Yes I'm running XP SP2 and Tablet PC 2005. In the old "TIP" you could use
Grafitti for input that was much faster for me than typing on the keyboard
or using the writing pad. Now in the new "TIP" that option is gone. I have
to use the letters and my printing is terrible . So I struggle with
making the "TIP" recognize some of my printing (mostly "r", "u" lower case
letters. By the time I get the "TIP" to change, even using the individual
letters in the correction part of the "TIP", I could have written a book
with Grafitti . Well not that much but it would be much faster for me.

"Chris H." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ea9SK$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What is the error message? That file, I believe (don't have it here at
> present) is the initial splash screen with information basic about Tablets
> which shows upon your desktop after booting up, until you put a check mark
> in the box on the lower-left corner. If you have done the latter, you
> might check your Startup folder to see if it is still attempting to load.
> --
> Chris H.
> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
> Associate Expert
>

> "MUeardoc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> SP2 installed but now i get an internal script error with login in a file
>> called tabsplash.hta. Any thoughts on how to fix?

Chris H.

You don't need to print letters individually, Tom. Give the Writing Pad a
go. I think you'll find it is much easier to just go ahead and scribble
away for a while, not trying to be so precise. I use half-print/half
cursive for my "writing" and the Writing Pad does very, very well. Besides,
as I noted before, you can use certain gestures in there. Take a look at my
web site tutorials, and you'll see what I mean about scribble.
--

"tom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Yes I'm running XP SP2 and Tablet PC 2005. In the old "TIP" you could use
> Grafitti for input that was much faster for me than typing on the keyboard
> or using the writing pad. Now in the new "TIP" that option is gone. I
> have
> to use the letters and my printing is terrible . So I struggle with
> making the "TIP" recognize some of my printing (mostly "r", "u" lower case
> letters. By the time I get the "TIP" to change, even using the individual
> letters in the correction part of the "TIP", I could have written a book
> with Grafitti . Well not that much but it would be much faster for me.

JDThree [MVP]

On 9/6/2004 9:33:24 PM, "Chris H." wrote:
>You don't need to print letters individually, Tom. Give the Writing Pad a
>go. I think you'll find it is much easier to just go ahead and scribble
>away for a while, not trying to be so precise. I use half-print/half
>cursive for my "writing" and the Writing Pad does very, very well. Besides,
>as I noted before, you can use certain gestures in there. Take a look at my
>web site tutorials, and you'll see what I mean about scribble.
>--
>Chris H.
>Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
>Tablet Creations - http://nicecreations.us/
>Associate Expert

I'll second Chris' comments above. My handwriting sucks. It has my whole
life. I used to get yelled at in grade school by the nuns (catholic school)
and kept after class. Didn't matter, I had my own writing style that I use
because I like to write very quickly. I'm surprised that the tablet can
recognize my scrawl so well.

--
John

Hennie Lombard

I also get this error (after applying SP2)

"An error has occured in the script on this page
Line: 19
Char: 2
Error: ClassFactory cannot supply requested class
Code: 0
Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?"

Any way to disable this?

"Chris H." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<ea9SK$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> What is the error message? That file, I believe (don't have it here at
> present) is the initial splash screen with information basic about Tablets
> which shows upon your desktop after booting up, until you put a check mark
> in the box on the lower-left corner. If you have done the latter, you might
> check your Startup folder to see if it is still attempting to load.
> --
> Chris H.
> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
> Associate Expert
>

> "MUeardoc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > SP2 installed but now i get an internal script error with login in a file
> > called tabsplash.hta. Any thoughts on how to fix?

Chris H.

There should be a entry point for Yes or No, select No. The tabsplash.hta
is part of the OOB (out of box experience) launching a simple tutorial when
the Tablet PC Edition 2005 is installed. Take a look in Start/All
Programs/Startup and if there is an entry for the tutorial, right-click and
remove it.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
Associate Expert

"Hennie Lombard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>I also get this error (after applying SP2)
>
> "An error has occured in the script on this page
> Line: 19
> Char: 2
> Error: ClassFactory cannot supply requested class
> Code: 0
> Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?"
>
> Any way to disable this?
>

> "Chris H." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:<ea9SK$(E-Mail Removed)>...
>> What is the error message? That file, I believe (don't have it here at
>> present) is the initial splash screen with information basic about
>> Tablets
>> which shows upon your desktop after booting up, until you put a check
>> mark
>> in the box on the lower-left corner. If you have done the latter, you
>> might
>> check your Startup folder to see if it is still attempting to load.
>> --
>> Chris H.
>> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
>> Associate Expert
>>

>> "MUeardoc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > SP2 installed but now i get an internal script error with login in a
>> > file
>> > called tabsplash.hta. Any thoughts on how to fix?

Chris H.

Is this launching each time you start your Tablet? If so, simply put a
check mark in the box in the lower-left corner of the Tutorial screen and it
won't be called by the system again. If not, go into Windows Explorer and
locate C:\WINDOWS\help\tpc_oobe.dll/tabsplash.hta. I would rename
(right-click/Rename) the file to something like tabsplash.OLD so it doesn't
attempt to launch.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
Associate Expert

"lombardh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) lkaboutsoftware.com...
> No such luck. There is no tutorial shortcut or anything in the startup
> folder that I can see. Any other ideas?

Chris H.

Is the item listed in your Startup folder or if you go to Start/Run and put
in "msconfig" (without the quotes) does it show on the Startup tab? If so,
remove the check mark in the box to the left of the item. I did check the
Registry, but find only a couple entries which may or may not be related.