taking acer apart

barbibiz

Hi
Can any tell me how to take an acer notebook apart, I have taken all the
screws out but one spot seems to be sticking?
thanks...fliss

budgie

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 22:35:05 +1000, "barbibiz" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi
>Can any tell me how to take an acer notebook apart, I have taken all the
>screws out but one spot seems to be sticking?
>thanks...fliss

Obviously that varies with the model in question. If you gave more information
you might elicit a constructive reply.

barbibiz

Acer aspire 1300series, dodgy ( appears to be) connection for the power,
sometimes it works, sometimes not.. cannot seem to get it apart in one
corner to check to see if it is broken or whatever...... thanks fliss
"budgie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 22:35:05 +1000, "barbibiz"

<(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >Can any tell me how to take an acer notebook apart, I have taken all

the
> >screws out but one spot seems to be sticking?
> >thanks...fliss

> Obviously that varies with the model in question. If you gave more

information
> you might elicit a constructive reply.

Michael Murray

"barbibiz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cbk2ar$hf5$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Acer aspire 1300series, dodgy ( appears to be) connection for the power,
> sometimes it works, sometimes not.. cannot seem to get it apart in one
> corner to check to see if it is broken or whatever...... thanks fliss

I had the same problem with my old Packard Bell laptop - I found the way to
get to the power thing at the back was to remove the cover piece at the top
of the keyboard where the power and shortcut buttons are (in the end didn't
even need to remove any of the bottom screws), if the 1300's are the same
you might be able to lift out the black cover at the top of the keyboard,
then the keyboard should lift out, I'm not sure how you would move the Cd
drive out of the way though?
I haven't had a need to take my Aspre1315 apart yet so can not offer
specfics, also when I took apart my Packard Bell and got to the power
connector all that was there was the bit you see covered by a plastic cover
and glued/soldered into place, wasn't anything to repair unless you were a
electronics person.

--
Michael Murray

> "budgie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 22:35:05 +1000, "barbibiz"

> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >Hi
> > >Can any tell me how to take an acer notebook apart, I have taken all

> the
> > >screws out but one spot seems to be sticking?
> > >thanks...fliss

> > Obviously that varies with the model in question. If you gave more

> information
> > you might elicit a constructive reply.

jim

There is a known problem with the power pin on this model. Basically, its a
poor design. Its easy to replace yourself if you're good with a solder iron,
otherwise ACER should replace free of charge.

"barbibiz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cbk2ar$hf5$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Acer aspire 1300series, dodgy ( appears to be) connection for the power,
> sometimes it works, sometimes not.. cannot seem to get it apart in one
> corner to check to see if it is broken or whatever...... thanks fliss
> "budgie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 22:35:05 +1000, "barbibiz"

> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >Hi
> > >Can any tell me how to take an acer notebook apart, I have taken all

> the
> > >screws out but one spot seems to be sticking?
> > >thanks...fliss

> > Obviously that varies with the model in question. If you gave more

> information
> > you might elicit a constructive reply.

barbibiz

Yes I am good with the soldering iron, however the main problem is not
being able to take it apart.. I take out all the screws etc. but then there
seems to be one place where it appears to be impossible.. any ideas on
this? thanks, fliss

"jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ccv2n2$sr5$(E-Mail Removed)...
> There is a known problem with the power pin on this model. Basically,

its a
> poor design. Its easy to replace yourself if you're good with a solder

iron,
> otherwise ACER should replace free of charge.

jim

Sorry, I missed the early part of your posting. What model is it again?

On some models, there are one or two screws under the covers of either the
memory or the hdd. Which area is it that seems to be giving you problems?

"barbibiz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ccvn3l$tm7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes I am good with the soldering iron, however the main problem is not
> being able to take it apart.. I take out all the screws etc. but then

there
> seems to be one place where it appears to be impossible.. any ideas on
> this? thanks, fliss
>
> "jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ccv2n2$sr5$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > There is a known problem with the power pin on this model. Basically,

> its a
> > poor design. Its easy to replace yourself if you're good with a solder

> iron,
> > otherwise ACER should replace free of charge.

barbibiz

It is an aspire 1300 series model no ET25.. the problem corner is the one
where the phone line is and the lan line is ( that is on the side)
any help..
thanks fliss
"jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cd00j0$it1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry, I missed the early part of your posting. What model is it again?
>
> On some models, there are one or two screws under the covers of either

the
> memory or the hdd. Which area is it that seems to be giving you

problems?

> "barbibiz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ccvn3l$tm7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Yes I am good with the soldering iron, however the main problem is

not
> > being able to take it apart.. I take out all the screws etc. but then

> there
> > seems to be one place where it appears to be impossible.. any ideas

on
> > this? thanks, fliss

jim

Okay, I take it you have removed the 3 screws from the rear and about 20
screws from the bottom. Don't forget to remove the HDD, battery CD drive and
memory cover as (I think) there are some screws under those parts. Once you
remove those, the LCD should come off but beware as the LCD cable will still
be connected. You also need to remove the Lauch Keys panel and there should
(I think) be some screws under there. Once you remove the LCD panel, there
should be 3 screws or something under where the LCD sits, remove those and
the whole case should come off.

Its been about 6 months since I worked on one so, trying to remember where
all the screws are.

news:cd0vfl$g9r$(E-Mail Removed)...