TC1000 Pen not working

hokigoujons@googlemail.com

I've just been given a Compaq TC1000 running XP Tablet edition (SP2),
and there's no sign of life at all from the pen. It works in the BIOS
screen but once it gets to Windows it's dead.

The TC1000 was installed from scratch with Tablet Edition and the pen
hasn't worked since - it used to work before this, when it had factory
settings. I've installed all the drivers from Compaq including
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...kId=135&mode=3
and there are entries in device manager for:

Compaq Tablet PC Key Buttons
Finepoint Innovations Serial HID Tablet
HID-Compliant Consumer Control Device

I've noticed that in the folder that the Compaq download unzips to
there's an app called FpHidCal.exe and when I try to run this I get
'Calibration Utility Could Not Connect to HID Digitizer Service. Make
sure service is running'. I can't see any service with this name in
the Windows services list, although there is an 'HID Input Service'.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get this going? Everything works
great except the pen, which is obviously kinda important on a tablet.

Thanks

Re: Broken TC1000/TC1100 Pen Chris H. Tablet PC 0 08-13-2006 11:04 PM
Compaq TC1000 and Pen Input Device Mark Tablet PC 7 06-23-2006 08:41 PM
TC1000 pen problems Tablet PC 6 08-04-2005 06:14 PM
TC1000 Pen "sticking" and not lifting Saied Nesbat Tablet PC 3 12-06-2003 07:16 PM
Puzzling Pen Problem on TC1000 Robert Jones Tablet PC 1 10-06-2003 04:29 PM