Telephone modules - IP telephone, ISDN, PBX

David Brown

We are looking for ready-made telephone modules that can connect to an
ISDN or IP-telephone PBX. They should have some sort of control
interface (typically UART) for dialing, hang-up, ring, etc., and
analogue audio in and out.

/Long/ ago, I used an analogue modem module like this. I also had an
ISDN modem module, but it didn't support audio in and out - it was only
for data. And of course they are now out of production anyway.

Ideally we would like one supplier that can provide both kinds of
modules, so that we can easily swap them out depending on which version
the end-user needs. But at the moment, we are interested anything we
can find.

Our customer has a very short schedule here, so we want to find
something ready-made - and I'd like to avoid learning about IP telephony
if I can!

mvh.,

David

Michael Karas

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...

> We are looking for ready-made telephone modules that can connect to an
> ISDN or IP-telephone PBX. They should have some sort of control
> interface (typically UART) for dialing, hang-up, ring, etc., and
> analogue audio in and out.
>
> /Long/ ago, I used an analogue modem module like this. I also had an
> ISDN modem module, but it didn't support audio in and out - it was only
> for data. And of course they are now out of production anyway.
>
> Ideally we would like one supplier that can provide both kinds of
> modules, so that we can easily swap them out depending on which version
> the end-user needs. But at the moment, we are interested anything we
> can find.
>
> Our customer has a very short schedule here, so we want to find
> something ready-made - and I'd like to avoid learning about IP telephony
> if I can!
>
> mvh.,
>
> David

There are numerous products that connect analog PSTN type telephones to
ISDN lines. Typical products allow two analog phones to connect to one
BRI connection. Some of these are easily configured using DTMF commands
that would normally come from the attached phone. You could provide
support for that using an older style modem to synthesize DTMF signaling
onto the
a2222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222 2222222222222222222222
22222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222 2222222222222222222222
22222222
nalog phone pair. You could use the attached phone set to do the
conversion from the 2-wire to 4-wire analog by interfacing at the
handset jack.

--

Michael Karas
Carousel Design Solutions