Temperature Monitoring

S W

Hi,

Is there any Dell software available to monitor CPU temp of a Poweredge
2600? Ideally I want something that will spark off a program or send an
email if the temp goes above a certain limit.

Thanks,

SW

louise

S W wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any Dell software available to monitor CPU temp of a Poweredge
> 2600? Ideally I want something that will spark off a program or send an
> email if the temp goes above a certain limit.
>
> Thanks,
>
> SW

as far as I know Dell quite actively prevents any
temperature readings of the CPU. Programs such as Everest
Home or Motherboard Monitor, which can read the CPU temp on
other machines such as all Asus boards, can not read it on
Dells.

Louise

Tom Scales

"louise" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:jBE5f.9675$(E-Mail Removed)...
>S W wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there any Dell software available to monitor CPU temp of a Poweredge
>> 2600? Ideally I want something that will spark off a program or send an
>> email if the temp goes above a certain limit.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> SW

> as far as I know Dell quite actively prevents any temperature readings of
> the CPU. Programs such as Everest Home or Motherboard Monitor, which can
> read the CPU temp on other machines such as all Asus boards, can not read
> it on Dells.
>
> Louise

Louise,

I know Dimensions don't support it, but you have experience that the
Poweredge servers don't either? That surprises me.

S W

>>as far as I know Dell quite actively prevents any temperature readings of
>>the CPU. Programs such as Everest Home or Motherboard Monitor, which can
>>read the CPU temp on other machines such as all Asus boards, can not read
>>it on Dells.
>>
>>Louise

> Louise,
>
> I know Dimensions don't support it, but you have experience that the
> Poweredge servers don't either? That surprises me.

I'm a bit reluctant to install a 3rd party product without contacting
Dell support. I'll do that. I thought it may be worth asking the
question here, though, so thanks for the contribution.

SW

Rich

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 11:14:25 GMT, "Tom Scales" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"louise" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:jBE5f.9675$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>S W wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Is there any Dell software available to monitor CPU temp of a Poweredge
>>> 2600? Ideally I want something that will spark off a program or send an
>>> email if the temp goes above a certain limit.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> SW

>> as far as I know Dell quite actively prevents any temperature readings of
>> the CPU. Programs such as Everest Home or Motherboard Monitor, which can
>> read the CPU temp on other machines such as all Asus boards, can not read
>> it on Dells.
>>
>> Louise

>Louise,
>
>I know Dimensions don't support it, but you have experience that the
>Poweredge servers don't either? That surprises me.

speedfan monitors the temps quite nicely in my dell d810.
http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

73,
rich, n9dko

louise

Tom Scales wrote:
> "louise" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:jBE5f.9675$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>S W wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>Is there any Dell software available to monitor CPU temp of a Poweredge
>>>2600? Ideally I want something that will spark off a program or send an
>>>email if the temp goes above a certain limit.
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>
>>>SW

>>as far as I know Dell quite actively prevents any temperature readings of
>>the CPU. Programs such as Everest Home or Motherboard Monitor, which can
>>read the CPU temp on other machines such as all Asus boards, can not read
>>it on Dells.
>>
>>Louise

> Louise,
>
> I know Dimensions don't support it, but you have experience that the
> Poweredge servers don't either? That surprises me.

no, I don't know about the PowerEdge servers. I was
referring only to the dimensions that I didn't really think
to spell that out.

Louise