Test the script on safari browser.

impakistan

Hello, i have made a script that i want to test on safari browser. it
works perfectly in Firefox and IE.

the purpose it does is:

looks for all tags with certain class and set height of all those
elements equal to member with largest height.

so after clicking the make equal height, all rectangles should be of
equal length.

can yo confirm that safari support
document.defaultView.getComputedStyle?

regards
Farrukh

Brian Hughes

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
"impakistan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hello, i have made a script that i want to test on safari browser. it
> works perfectly in Firefox and IE.
>
> the purpose it does is:
>
> looks for all tags with certain class and set height of all those
> elements equal to member with largest height.
>
> so after clicking the make equal height, all rectangles should be of
> equal length.
>
> can yo confirm that safari support
> document.defaultView.getComputedStyle?

I can confirm that Safari v2.0.4 supports
document.defaultView.getComputedStyle, how well I don't know.

It's pretty easy and recommended that you include javascript that tests
for the availability of functions by testing for them.

In this case, a simple test like this:

if ( document.defaultView.getComputedStyle )
{
alert( 'document.defaultView.getComputedStyle found' )
}
else
{
alert( 'document.defaultView.getComputedStyle not found' )
}

would have shown you that it exists. If it didn't you could use the
'else' section to process something different, perhaps for browsers that
don't support that.

--
Brian Hughes
usenet at hughesvideo dot com

Kiran

impakistan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> so after clicking the make equal height, all rectangles should be of
> equal length.

Works for me on Satari, Camino, Opera (all most recent versions),
even Shiira you may never have heard of.