text insertion stopped working by the Input Panel

hs

Handwriting recognition stopped working by the writing pad and text insertion
stopped working by both the writing and character pads. Thereby the advanced
text services for English(US) include: ink correction, tablet PC correction,
tablet PC correction for windows Journal and tablet PC text insertion
--
hs

BARNSLEYBIKER

i bought a Hp2710p tablet pc 3 days ago with vista business installed, it
feels a bit slower than my previous HP tc4200 xp-tablet but the vista
handwriting in much better. i have updated all the drivers and mine still
does the same as yours. after a while, especially on the internet ( i am
using microsofft exploder7) the text insertion tool will fail to respond.

the sequence is ususally like this.....
tap text box on screen with stylus
text insertion panel opens
i move the stylus to the text insertion panel and it will close instantly
before i write
this annoying premature closing can happen a few times before i get chance
to write
a little while later i will tap a text box and the text insertion panel will
open and remain open but i cannot write in it.
sometimes an indicater of the none responsive text insertion panels iminent
arrival is that the text insertion panel will open in keyboard mode rather
than the expected handwriting mode, from this point on no input or reaction
can be made via the text insertion panel.
all i can do is exit via the red cross and restart my tablet PC.

incidently the docked text insertion panel at the left side of my screen
wont open, it just stays docked, no reaction to the stylus at all. what a
pain in the bum! a tablet PC with no way of tablet input!