Are there any intel-powered HP calculators?

Merciadri Luca

Merciadri Luca

Merciadri Luca

Tom Lake

"Merciadri Luca" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>> The only Intel CPU to be in an calculator is probably the 4004.

> Thanks for pointing that the 4004 is the only one which could have
> been used for calculators. I thought there were others.

While the actual chip itself might be limited to a 4004, the Intel instruction
set certainly isn't. The Casio AlgebraFX 2.0 Plus and other Casios use an
Intel 80186 16-bit instruction set (compatible with the Intel 80286 except for
protected mode.)

Tom Lake