Are They Compatible?

Ron

I have a Laerjet 6MP printer-- or so it says on the casing, but when
pressing the self-test button, the printout says Laserjet 6P. Several
vendors add to the confusion by selling what seems to be the same
cartridge but under slightly different designations and at varying
prices.

Does anyone know if the 6P and 6MP cartridges are the same? Or, if not
the same, are they interchangeable and compatible with each other?
Help, here, would be appreciated.

Ron

thang ornithorhynchus

On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 03:08:46 -0800 (PST), Ron <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I have a Laerjet 6MP printer-- or so it says on the casing, but when
>pressing the self-test button, the printout says Laserjet 6P. Several
>vendors add to the confusion by selling what seems to be the same
>cartridge but under slightly different designations and at varying
>prices.
>
>Does anyone know if the 6P and 6MP cartridges are the same? Or, if not
>the same, are they interchangeable and compatible with each other?
>Help, here, would be appreciated.
>
>Ron

Ron, you haven't been around usenet for long have you? Here is the
link to the manual for both, they certainly are the same and will take
the same toner cartridge.

http://pdfcast.org/pdf/hp-laserjet-6p-6mp-manual

It took me about 2 minutes with Google to find this and then a little
while to download and read the first few pages. You could have done
that, or at least exhausted *some* options before asking for help
here.

thang

Mike S.

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Ron <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I have a Laerjet 6MP printer-- or so it says on the casing, but when
>pressing the self-test button, the printout says Laserjet 6P. Several
>vendors add to the confusion by selling what seems to be the same
>cartridge but under slightly different designations and at varying
>prices.
>
>Does anyone know if the 6P and 6MP cartridges are the same? Or, if not
>the same, are they interchangeable and compatible with each other?
>Help, here, would be appreciated.

IIRC the 6MP is a 6P with the PostScript interpreter installed on a DIMM
near the memory sockets. The hardware is otherwise the same.

Ron

thang ornithorhynchus wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 03:08:46 -0800 (PST), Ron <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >I have a Laerjet 6MP printer-- or so it says on the casing, but when
> >pressing the self-test button, the printout says Laserjet 6P. Several
> >vendors add to the confusion by selling what seems to be the same
> >cartridge but under slightly different designations and at varying
> >prices.
> >
> >Does anyone know if the 6P and 6MP cartridges are the same? Or, if not
> >the same, are they interchangeable and compatible with each other?
> >Help, here, would be appreciated.
> >
> >Ron

> Ron, you haven't been around usenet for long have you? Here is the
> link to the manual for both, they certainly are the same and will take
> the same toner cartridge.
>
> http://pdfcast.org/pdf/hp-laserjet-6p-6mp-manual
>
> It took me about 2 minutes with Google to find this and then a little
> while to download and read the first few pages.

Oh, gee; and I spent an hour and a half looking at nothing but page
after page after page of ads... Look, moron, if I could have found the
information I needed, I wouldn't have asked. I don't need abuse from a
self-righteous asshole.

Either volunteer the information or don't-- but don't be smug over it.
You don't impress anyone, particularly not me.

Ron

Ron

Mike S. wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Ron <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >I have a Laerjet 6MP printer-- or so it says on the casing, but when
> >pressing the self-test button, the printout says Laserjet 6P. Several
> >vendors add to the confusion by selling what seems to be the same
> >cartridge but under slightly different designations and at varying
> >prices.
> >
> >Does anyone know if the 6P and 6MP cartridges are the same? Or, if not
> >the same, are they interchangeable and compatible with each other?
> >Help, here, would be appreciated.

> IIRC the 6MP is a 6P with the PostScript interpreter installed on a DIMM
> near the memory sockets. The hardware is otherwise the same.

Many thanks for the info, Mike.

Ron

thang ornithorhynchus

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 22:29:36 -0800 (PST), Ron <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>thang ornithorhynchus wrote:
>> On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 03:08:46 -0800 (PST), Ron <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >I have a Laerjet 6MP printer-- or so it says on the casing, but when
>> >pressing the self-test button, the printout says Laserjet 6P. Several
>> >vendors add to the confusion by selling what seems to be the same
>> >cartridge but under slightly different designations and at varying
>> >prices.
>> >
>> >Does anyone know if the 6P and 6MP cartridges are the same? Or, if not
>> >the same, are they interchangeable and compatible with each other?
>> >Help, here, would be appreciated.
>> >
>> >Ron

>> Ron, you haven't been around usenet for long have you? Here is the
>> link to the manual for both, they certainly are the same and will take
>> the same toner cartridge.
>>
>> http://pdfcast.org/pdf/hp-laserjet-6p-6mp-manual
>>
>> It took me about 2 minutes with Google to find this and then a little
>> while to download and read the first few pages.

>Oh, gee; and I spent an hour and a half looking at nothing but page
>after page after page of ads... Look, moron, if I could have found the
>information I needed, I wouldn't have asked. I don't need abuse from a
>self-righteous asshole.
>
>Either volunteer the information or don't-- but don't be smug over it.
>You don't impress anyone, particularly not me.
>
>Ron

And my mission in life is to impress you, whoever the **** you are?

Have a nice day...

thang