They Hate Every Board

jackiesue@gmail.com

I want to build an inexpensive system and have been looking at the
MA785GM. When you go online to someone like NewEgg, you invariably see
all the people that hate the board. This is true for every motherboard
under $100 from any manufacturer.

It is making me crazy. Any recommendations for a low cost board for
AMD processors?

Barry Watzman

Not for an AMD processor. But for an Intel processor, I have used a
number of ECS G31T-M boards (discontinued), and they are very good (use
them with a "Pentium Dual Core" CPU; I like the E6300 because it has
hardware virtualization).

[The Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L is a very similar board, sometimes available
for as little as $50.]

Many (probably most) of the people who buy motherboards do not know what
they are doing. The problems are often theirs, not that of the motherboard.

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I want to build an inexpensive system and have been looking at the
> MA785GM. When you go online to someone like NewEgg, you invariably see
> all the people that hate the board. This is true for every motherboard
> under $100 from any manufacturer.
>
> It is making me crazy. Any recommendations for a low cost board for
> AMD processors?

jackiesue@gmail.com

I guess the word Hyperbole is not in your lexicon.

I was just a little surprised that so many people who have (my
assumption) the technical know-how to build a system, would find
problems with the board.

If even 100 out of every particular model of a car turned out to be a
lemon, it would make front page news.

But, your point is well taken and I am going to buy the board. I
should not have a problem with it. It will either work or not, in
which case I will send it back.

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 14:43:01 -0700, Steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>(E-Mail Removed) says...
>>
>> I want to build an inexpensive system and have been looking at the
>> MA785GM. When you go online to someone like NewEgg, you invariably see
>> all the people that hate the board.

>That's a lie.
>
>> This is true for every motherboard
>> under $100 from any manufacturer.

>That is also a lie.
>

>> It is making me crazy.

>It appears that Newegg has nothing to do with that process.
>
>> Any recommendations for a low cost board for
>> AMD processors?

>429 reviews out of 633 gave the motherboard you mention 5 stars. What's
>your problem with it?

Barry Watzman

Re: "I was just a little surprised that so many people who have (my
assumption) the technical know-how to build a system,"

I think your assumption is dead wrong. AT LEAST half the people who buy
motherboards don't have the foggiest idea what they are really doing
(not withstanding that they may think that they do).

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I guess the word Hyperbole is not in your lexicon.
>
> I was just a little surprised that so many people who have (my
> assumption) the technical know-how to build a system, would find
> problems with the board.
>
> If even 100 out of every particular model of a car turned out to be a
> lemon, it would make front page news.
>
> But, your point is well taken and I am going to buy the board. I
> should not have a problem with it. It will either work or not, in
> which case I will send it back.
>
> On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 14:43:01 -0700, Steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>>> I want to build an inexpensive system and have been looking at the
>>> MA785GM. When you go online to someone like NewEgg, you invariably see
>>> all the people that hate the board.

>> That's a lie.
>>
>>> This is true for every motherboard
>>> under $100 from any manufacturer.

>> That is also a lie.
>>
>>> It is making me crazy.

>> It appears that Newegg has nothing to do with that process.
>>
>>> Any recommendations for a low cost board for
>>> AMD processors?

>> 429 reviews out of 633 gave the motherboard you mention 5 stars. What's
>> your problem with it?

Barry Watzman

MicroCenter has a deal, get a Gigabyte GA-MA78LM-S2H motherboard FREE
when you buy any of 4 processors (they are offering one Athlon and 3
Phenom) that fit this board. The processors are $99.95 each except for
the Phenom II X4 965, which is $179. Not sure if this is "in store
only" or available by mail order.