Is the Thinkpad 2628-GSU A21m an albatross..the worst?

gtt_duncan

... I have two now ...and dumped two...following many years of success
with 770z etc

unit one)bad display

unit two) bad display

unit three) toasted CPU

I have one running now, with a constant audio stream and a server for
MajicJack. It seems to be holding....with Windows XP--SP3 and 524 mg
of ram

The other is driving me crazy.. XP 1st...but it appears the blue
screeen and "memory dumps" are emanating from the CPU...with the help
of weak memory.

I have run the memory tests, dropped one and went to one...not better.

Strangely .. when the bad unit" crashes it frequently will not reboot
unless I shut it off and reverse the memory modules.

After it runs a few minutes to an hour and dumps again and won't
restart...again, if i turn the memory around (two pc100 of 128
each..one samsung .. the other not identifiable other than a
copyrighted IBM sticker on i t an Nike type M logo.

I have swapped the HD and memory into the "good" unit and it holds
what I thought was a bad OS and bad memory but that proved not the
case.

Now I will gett naked.
Can i change the CPU? I have the a21m manual pdf.

I'm getting these errors:

a mem stick error of Chckr3 showed up . Sent fffff got dttttt

blue screen noting 0x0000008E and later .... 0x0000007F and the
repetitive:
IRQL-NOT-LESS- OR - EQUAL

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Since I have a pile of HD's and CD-RW and memory and AC chargers and
DC batteries for the A21M...should I try to pick up another? Or
should I go get a Azus netbook?

parv

in message <(E-Mail Removed)>,
wrote gtt_duncan ...

> I have one running now, with a constant audio stream and a server
> for MajicJack. It seems to be holding....with Windows XP--SP3 and
> 524 mg of ram

^ ^ ^ ^ ^
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
"Ram" as in nearly half gram of sheep?

- parv

Horst Franke

In news:(E-Mail Removed) gtt_duncan wrote:

> I'm getting these errors:
> blue screen noting 0x0000008E and later .... 0x0000007F and the
> repetitive: IRQL-NOT-LESS- OR - EQUAL

Hi, go to the Microsoft KB and look for these BSODs!
Try to isolate your problem by the source indication.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is listed in XP TechRef with
0x0000000A as: Access on RAM without correct rights.
Mostly caused by incompatible hardware or software.

0x00000007F or UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
Should be accompanied by up to four parameters.
See also
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...x0000007F&ac=3

0x0000008E see
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...x0000008E&ac=3