Thinkpad R50 Display and boot problem

M Bryndum

When my Thinkpad R50 is turned on the screen lit up in coloured dots all
over. The dots may change when I activate various keys, but the screen
remain unreadable and coloured all over. An external monitor display exactly
the same picture. Removing all detachable devices make no difference.
Removing ram prevents screen in functioning and a beep sequence can be
heard. Does anyone have a clue
regards
MadsBo

Manfred Goebel

"M Bryndum" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:emgbud$lqg$(E-Mail Removed)-c.dk...
> When my Thinkpad R50 is turned on the screen lit up in coloured dots all
> over. The dots may change when I activate various keys, but the screen
> remain unreadable and coloured all over. An external monitor display
> exactly the same picture. Removing all detachable devices make no
> difference. Removing ram prevents screen in functioning and a beep
> sequence can be heard. Does anyone have a clue
> regards
> MadsBo
>Did you already try to reinstall the graphics card driver? I had a similar
>problem with my R50p, the problem vanished after reinstalling the driver.

Regards

Manfred

Best regards

John Navas

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 13:05:09 +0100, "Manfred Goebel"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in <epff5p$uis$02$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com>:

>"M Bryndum" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>news:emgbud$lqg$(E-Mail Removed)-c.dk...
>> When my Thinkpad R50 is turned on the screen lit up in coloured dots all
>> over. The dots may change when I activate various keys, but the screen
>> remain unreadable and coloured all over. An external monitor display
>> exactly the same picture. Removing all detachable devices make no
>> difference. Removing ram prevents screen in functioning and a beep
>> sequence can be heard. Does anyone have a clue

>>Did you already try to reinstall the graphics card driver? I had a similar
>>problem with my R50p, the problem vanished after reinstalling the driver.

How do did you reinstall the driver without a working display?

--
Best regards,
John Navas

Manfred Goebel

"John Navas" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 13:05:09 +0100, "Manfred Goebel"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in <epff5p$uis$02$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com>:
>
>>"M Bryndum" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>news:emgbud$lqg$(E-Mail Removed)-c.dk...
>>> When my Thinkpad R50 is turned on the screen lit up in coloured dots all
>>> over. The dots may change when I activate various keys, but the screen
>>> remain unreadable and coloured all over. An external monitor display
>>> exactly the same picture. Removing all detachable devices make no
>>> difference. Removing ram prevents screen in functioning and a beep
>>> sequence can be heard. Does anyone have a clue

>>>Did you already try to reinstall the graphics card driver? I had a
>>>similar
>>>problem with my R50p, the problem vanished after reinstalling the driver.

> How do did you reinstall the driver without a working display?
>
> --
> Best regards,
> John Navas

I must admit, my display was not completely unreadable, I could identify
where to type in my password and then by right-clicking the my computer icon
I was able to get to the hardware property windows.

Best Regards

Manfred