thinkpad X41 tablet PC. Perhaps the first thing is a larger hard drive.
I've seen drives going up to 80g for this laptop on Lenovo's website but
the price is rather high. Are there any other alternatives for an
internal hard drive that may get up to 120g? I know I could use the
ultraslim hard drive adaptor as well and get some more disk space.

Any other way to do things with a X41 tablet?

Thanks!

Michael Perry

On 2008-08-30, Juan I Cahis <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Dear Michael and friends:
>
> Michael Perry <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Hello all-
>>
>>I'm interested in finding a few accessories for my newly acquired
>>thinkpad X41 tablet PC. Perhaps the first thing is a larger hard drive.
>>I've seen drives going up to 80g for this laptop on Lenovo's website but
>>the price is rather high. Are there any other alternatives for an
>>internal hard drive that may get up to 120g? I know I could use the
>>ultraslim hard drive adaptor as well and get some more disk space.
>>
>>Any other way to do things with a X41 tablet?
>>
>>Thanks!

> The X41 Tablet has an IBM proprietary 1.8" hard drive, and to my
> knowledge, nobody manufactures it more. There are other kind of 1.8"
> hard drives in the market which are popular (like iPod's), but they
> are of a different form factor and they don't fit in the X41 Tablet.
>
> In my opinion, it is unfair that Lenovo/IBM didn't advertised this
> issue when selling this notebook. If I had known this characteristic,
> I never would have bought it.
>

> Thanks
> Juan I. Cahis
> Santiago de Chile (South America)
> Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it!

Hi Juan-

Thanks for the news on the X41. I've decided to just live with the
limitation in drive sizes for the X41. I actually found a 120g drive which
may work at pellsystems but at this point I'm really unsure if it will fit.

I did order a memory upgrade also. Its kinda discouraging not to be able to
find hard drives for the tablet.