ThinkVantage System Update is Back

Anthony R. Gold

Bowing to customer pressure, System Update is back and working again.

Tony

Bert Hyman

In news(E-Mail Removed) "Anthony R. Gold"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Bowing to customer pressure, System Update is back and working again.

I had already uninstalled it but here's a link to download it again:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/si...cid=MIGR-66956

http://preview.tinyurl.com/yjzqlv

The release date is shown as May 27, 2009 and the date on the downloaded
file is May 15, so they must have seen this coming a while ago.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN (E-Mail Removed)

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Anthony R. Gold wrote:
> Bowing to customer pressure, System Update is back and working again.

Those indignant emails I sent telling them that without TVSU I'd move to
Apple must have worked.
--
Shaun.

John Doue

~misfit~ wrote:
> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Anthony R. Gold wrote:
>> Bowing to customer pressure, System Update is back and working again.

> Those indignant emails I sent telling them that without TVSU I'd move to
> Apple must have worked.

I love your sense of humor. At least, they probably did not hurt ...:-)

--
John Doue

Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras

News <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>How's that iToy workin' out for ya?

An error occured while gathering user information. This means, it does
not work

-ras

--

Ralph A. Schmid

http://www.dk5ras.de/ http://www.db0fue.de/
http://www.bclog.de/

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs John Doue wrote:
> ~misfit~ wrote:
>> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Anthony R. Gold wrote:
>>> Bowing to customer pressure, System Update is back and working
>>> again.

>> Those indignant emails I sent telling them that without TVSU I'd
>> move to Apple must have worked.

> I love your sense of humor. At least, they probably did not hurt
> ...:-)

Heh! That's what I figured. I've read elsewhere that the only thing in the
same ballpark as TVSU is Apple's update system. T'was an empty threat
though, I can't afford to swap all my hardware.

Cheers,
--
Shaun.

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs News wrote:
> ~misfit~ wrote:
>> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Anthony R. Gold wrote:
>>> Bowing to customer pressure, System Update is back and working
>>> again.

>> Those indignant emails I sent telling them that without TVSU I'd
>> move to Apple must have worked.

> How's that iToy workin' out for ya?

LOL, I haven't owned anything Apple yet and don't foresee it happening any
time soon.

Apparently Apple's update system is on a par with TVSU; Easy as pie.

Cheers,
--
Shaun.

Tom Rutherford

"Anthony R. Gold" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Bowing to customer pressure, System Update is back and working again.
>
> Tony

Wonderful! Thank you for passing this good news on.

"She said it was either her or the ham radio. Over."
(Reply-To address may be anti-spammed.)

T.C.

On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 18:14:21 +0200, "Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> News <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >How's that iToy workin' out for ya?

> An error occured while gathering user information. This means, it does
> not work

TVSU AND the Thin Installer Client both had exactly this kind of
problem under Vista with SP2 (on my TP61 TVSU worked nicely as before
on the main XP Pro SP3 partition while at the same time throwing the
same error message on my secondary Vista Ultimate SP2 partition) - the
Lenovo developers were aware of the problem by now there's a patch
available for TVSU under Vista SP2:
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/si...cid=MIGR-72758
....or in other words: for me it's working again...

....I'm not sure though if Lenovo has any plans for the Thin Installer
yet, on the other hand I have no idea about how many admins actually
use the Thin Installer in combination with a repository...

T.C.

Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras

T.C. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>...or in other words: for me it's working again...

Hey, thank you very much!! That was ist!

-ras