    was wondering was this because of the version os BIOS I was using?
    Thanks,
    Fellow.
    fellow, Oct 15, 2004

  2. I seem to remember, but I am not sure, that there was some issue with
    Win98SE itself that could cause this problem. I think a fix for it was
    posted on Windows Update. That was a long time ago, though, so I don't
    really remember.

    I have not had a PA-2013 motherboard, so I cannot comment on whether it
    was something specific to the motherboard's BIOS or not.

    --Alex

    Alex Zorrilla, Oct 15, 2004

  3. fellow

    Roger Hunt Guest

    In article <>, Alex Zorrilla
    <> writes
    >fellow wrote:
    >> I've upgraded my computer, and it turns off gracefully with "it is safe to
    >> turn your computer now", in Windows 98, before finally turning off. I was
    >> never able to do this with my PA-2013 board with 1.13JI11 BIOS, instead it
    >> turned off instantly which meant Scan disk was invariably run on power up. I
    >> was wondering was this because of the version os BIOS I was using?
    >> Thanks,
    >> Fellow.
    >>

    >I seem to remember, but I am not sure, that there was some issue with
    >Win98SE itself that could cause this problem. I think a fix for it was
    >posted on Windows Update. That was a long time ago, though, so I don't
    >really remember.
    >
    >I have not had a PA-2013 motherboard, so I cannot comment on whether it
    >was something specific to the motherboard's BIOS or not.

    I wonder too, because there was that 98se/ME shutdown problem with the
    VA-503+ that was fixed with Tim Stennet's je4333b2, but I thought that
    was only brought about because of W98 ACPI combined with an AT PSU, and
    the 2013 is ATX of course.
    Hmmmm ....
    --
    Roger Hunt
    Still mourning the sad loss of my 503+. RIP
    Roger Hunt, Oct 16, 2004
  4. fellow

    Robert Akins Guest

    There was a Windows Update for "Windows IDE Hard Drive Cache Package" or
    something along that line, that added a delay to allow time for newer hard
    drives to write the cache buffer contents to disk before Windows shut down.
    Robert

    Robert Akins, Oct 16, 2004