    multiple online stores, and they simply don't list it. I'd like to find
    a list of which power supplies are ATX 2.0 (24-pin). As of now, I can
    only guess, or attempt to count the pins in a small image.

    aether, Mar 3, 2005

  2. aether wrote:

    > Why aren't retailers specifying whether the power supply is 24-pin or
    > not? Check out newegg.com; there's no way to tell. I've gone to
    > multiple online stores, and they simply don't list it. I'd like to find
    > a list of which power supplies are ATX 2.0 (24-pin). As of now, I can
    > only guess, or attempt to count the pins in a small image.

    What are you talking about? I just went to newegg.com and entered '24
    pin power supply' for the search term and found numerous power supplies
    with the 24 pin connector and a 24 to 20 pin adapter.

    Michael W. Ryder, Mar 3, 2005

  3. aether

    aether Guest

    > Michael W. Ryder wrote:
    > aether wrote:
    >
    > > Why aren't retailers specifying whether the power supply is 24-pin

    or
    > > not? Check out newegg.com; there's no way to tell. I've gone to
    > > multiple online stores, and they simply don't list it. I'd like to

    find
    > > a list of which power supplies are ATX 2.0 (24-pin). As of now, I

    can
    > > only guess, or attempt to count the pins in a small image.
    > >

    > What are you talking about? I just went to newegg.com and entered

    '24
    > pin power supply' for the search term and found numerous power

    supplies
    > with the 24 pin connector and a 24 to 20 pin adapter.

    The vast majority don't distinguish. I searched '24 pin power supply'
    and found six of them. Try it at zipzoomfly, and you get one.

    In any event, does 24-pin automatically mean 'ATX 2.0 compliant'? As
    mentioned here:
    http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=240159

    Would this power supply (
    http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=17-159-033&depa=0
    ) work with that motherboard?

    aether, Mar 3, 2005
  4. aether

    Bob Day Guest

    "aether" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Why aren't retailers specifying whether the power supply is 24-pin or
    > not? Check out newegg.com; there's no way to tell. I've gone to
    > multiple online stores, and they simply don't list it. I'd like to find
    > a list of which power supplies are ATX 2.0 (24-pin). As of now, I can
    > only guess, or attempt to count the pins in a small image.

    I've had very good luck with three Seasonic Super Tornado 400
    power supplies. They come with a 24 to 20 pin adapter and
    both 4 and 8 pin auxillary power plugs for the mainboard.
    Available at NewEgg.

    -- Bob Day
    http://bobday.vze.com

    Bob Day, Mar 3, 2005
  5. "aether" <> wrote in

    > The vast majority don't distinguish. I searched '24 pin power supply'
    > and found six of them. Try it at zipzoomfly, and you get one.
    >
    > In any event, does 24-pin automatically mean 'ATX 2.0 compliant'?

    ATX12V Specification:
    2.0 February, 2003
    • Main Power Connector changes to 2x12.

    1.2.3. Main Power Connector:
    The 2 x 10 main power connector has been replaced by a 2 x 12 connector.
    This was made to support 75 watt PCI Express*requirements. Pinout
    assignments are based on the SSI recommendation.

    With the added 12V, 5V, and 3.3V pins the need for an Aux Power
    connector is no longer needed and the guidance for this connector has
    been removed.

    <http://www.formfactors.org/FFDetail.asp?FFID=1&CatID=2>

    Please note that ATX is a specification for motherboards and ATX12V is
    for power supplies.

    --
    Peter Strömberg (55.6N 13.0E)
    C2K2 C2K3 ISCCIV02 ISCCIV03 ISCCIV04

    Peter Strömberg, Mar 3, 2005
  6. aether

    No one Guest

    Bob Day wrote:
    > "aether" <> wrote in message news:...
    >
    >>Why aren't retailers specifying whether the power supply is 24-pin or
    >>not? Check out newegg.com; there's no way to tell. I've gone to
    >>multiple online stores, and they simply don't list it. I'd like to find
    >>a list of which power supplies are ATX 2.0 (24-pin). As of now, I can
    >>only guess, or attempt to count the pins in a small image.
    >>

    > I've had very good luck with three Seasonic Super Tornado 400
    > power supplies. They come with a 24 to 20 pin adapter and
    > both 4 and 8 pin auxillary power plugs for the mainboard.
    > Available at NewEgg.
    >
    > -- Bob Day
    > http://bobday.vze.com

    MY latest case had a 20 pin and a 4 pin. Even the directions for the
    Intel mobo show putting both on the connector if there isn't a 24 pin
    already.

    No one, Mar 12, 2005