2407FPW monitor/NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE

Discussion in 'Dell' started by yirg, Aug 3, 2006.

  1. yirg

    yirg Guest

    I'm interested in purchasing a 2407FPW monitor. I have a Dimension E510
    system with an NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE.

    I can't figure out from either the Dell site nor the NVIDIA site
    whether the video card will support the monitor.

    Dell says: "To optimize this monitor's performance, your system must be
    able to support WUXGA resolution (1920x1200)."

    Help with this most appreciated.

    Thanks.

    Yirg

    1. Advertising

  2. hdrdtd

    hdrdtd Guest

    It should work just fine,

    From Nvidia's web site ,
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/7_series_techspecs.html

    Advanced Display Functionality
    a.. Dual integrated 400MHz RAMDACs for analog display resolutions up to
    and including 2048x1536 at 85Hz
    b.. Dual-link DVI capability to drive the industry's largest and highest
    resolution digital flat panel displays up to 2560x16001
    c..
    "yirg" <> wrote in message
    > I'm interested in purchasing a 2407FPW monitor. I have a Dimension E510
    > system with an NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE.
    >
    > I can't figure out from either the Dell site nor the NVIDIA site
    > whether the video card will support the monitor.
    >
    > Dell says: "To optimize this monitor's performance, your system must be
    > able to support WUXGA resolution (1920x1200)."
    >
    > Help with this most appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Yirg

    1. Advertising

  3. yirg

    yirg Guest

    It was the 2nd statement that stil confuses me (hoping I'm not being
    too obtuse):

    > b.. Dual-link DVI capability to drive the industry's largest and highest
    > resolution digital flat panel displays up to 2560x1600 (1)

    It is footnoted (which I put in parens) where the footnote says:
    ---------
    (1) Feature available on select GeForce 7 Series GPUs only.
    ---------

    I couldn't figure out from the specs page whether the GeForce 7300 LE
    had "the feature available" and actually didn't understand whether the
    feature was (a) the dual DVI capablility or (b) the 25600x1600
    resolution. And if (a) were lacking on the 7300 LE whether it was
    needed by the 2407FWP.

    So, I'm still confused.

    Thanks.

    Yirg

    hdrdtd wrote:
    > It should work just fine,
    >
    > From Nvidia's web site ,
    > http://www.nvidia.com/object/7_series_techspecs.html
    >
    > Advanced Display Functionality
    > a.. Dual integrated 400MHz RAMDACs for analog display resolutions up to
    > and including 2048x1536 at 85Hz
    > b.. Dual-link DVI capability to drive the industry's largest and highest
    > resolution digital flat panel displays up to 2560x16001
    > c..
    > "yirg" <> wrote in message
    > > I'm interested in purchasing a 2407FPW monitor. I have a Dimension E510
    > > system with an NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE.
    > >
    > > I can't figure out from either the Dell site nor the NVIDIA site
    > > whether the video card will support the monitor.
    > >
    > > Dell says: "To optimize this monitor's performance, your system must be
    > > able to support WUXGA resolution (1920x1200)."
    > >
    > > Help with this most appreciated.
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > >
    > > Yirg

  4. hdrdtd

    hdrdtd Guest

    Pardon me. When I checked the 1. footnote, I went all the way to the bottom
    of the page and read the 1. footnote there. I read the wrong footnote.

    I still believe it should run at 1920x1200 with no problem.

    "yirg" <> wrote in message
    > It was the 2nd statement that stil confuses me (hoping I'm not being
    > too obtuse):
    >
    >> b.. Dual-link DVI capability to drive the industry's largest and highest
    >> resolution digital flat panel displays up to 2560x1600 (1)

    > It is footnoted (which I put in parens) where the footnote says:
    > ---------
    > (1) Feature available on select GeForce 7 Series GPUs only.
    > ---------
    >
    > I couldn't figure out from the specs page whether the GeForce 7300 LE
    > had "the feature available" and actually didn't understand whether the
    > feature was (a) the dual DVI capablility or (b) the 25600x1600
    > resolution. And if (a) were lacking on the 7300 LE whether it was
    > needed by the 2407FWP.
    >
    > So, I'm still confused.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Yirg
    >

    > hdrdtd wrote:
    >> It should work just fine,
    >>
    >> From Nvidia's web site ,
    >> http://www.nvidia.com/object/7_series_techspecs.html
    >>
    >> Advanced Display Functionality
    >> a.. Dual integrated 400MHz RAMDACs for analog display resolutions up to
    >> and including 2048x1536 at 85Hz
    >> b.. Dual-link DVI capability to drive the industry's largest and
    >> highest
    >> resolution digital flat panel displays up to 2560x16001
    >> c..
    >> "yirg" <> wrote in message
    >> > I'm interested in purchasing a 2407FPW monitor. I have a Dimension E510
    >> > system with an NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE.
    >> >
    >> > I can't figure out from either the Dell site nor the NVIDIA site
    >> > whether the video card will support the monitor.
    >> >
    >> > Dell says: "To optimize this monitor's performance, your system must be
    >> > able to support WUXGA resolution (1920x1200)."
    >> >
    >> > Help with this most appreciated.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks.
    >> >
    >> > Yirg

  5. Guest

    I have the 7300LE with 2407FPW in my 1 month old dimension 9150 and
    it's fine, but if you are a serious gamer you will need a better video
    card.

    On 2 Aug 2006 23:29:54 -0700, "yirg" <> wrote:

    >I'm interested in purchasing a 2407FPW monitor. I have a Dimension E510
    >system with an NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE.
    >
    >I can't figure out from either the Dell site nor the NVIDIA site
    >whether the video card will support the monitor.
    >
    >Dell says: "To optimize this monitor's performance, your system must be
    >able to support WUXGA resolution (1920x1200)."
    >
    >Help with this most appreciated.
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >Yirg

  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    That's what I have and it works great. I suggest making the icons larger at
    that resolution, but it looks great.