2500+ mobile and asus a7n8x-x boots up as 800mhz!!

Discussion in 'AMD Thunderbird' started by louisk, Jul 30, 2004.

  1. louisk

    louisk Guest

    bought mobile 2500+ cpu and asus a7n8x-x motherboard, and samsung
    512mb ddr pc400 ram

    and the board alreayd has lates bios as well

    so i boot it up and its at 600mhz or 800mhz don't remember
    so i went into bios and manually set it to 133x14

    since its a 1833mhz so 14x133 =1862 so it should boot up at 1800 but
    then it boots up as 800mhz

    also, weird thing is when i was installing windows xp, it did the
    intial formating of HD and the copying of setup files, then when it
    goes into windows to install, it get stuck at the windows LOGO the one
    where its a black screen with the colorful windows logo
    it keeps on freezing there until i went into bios and changed system
    performance and memory timings to AGGResSIVE MODE
    weird!!

    but i still can't get it to boot up to correct speed!
    louisk, Jul 30, 2004

  2. louisk

    John Doe Guest

    ..

    John Doe, Aug 2, 2004

  3. louisk

    bill bixby Guest

    "John Doe" <> wrote in news:410defba$:

    > .
    > "louisk" <> wrote in message
    >> bought mobile 2500+ cpu and asus a7n8x-x motherboard, and samsung
    >> 512mb ddr pc400 ram
    >>
    >> and the board alreayd has lates bios as well
    >>
    >> so i boot it up and its at 600mhz or 800mhz don't remember
    >> so i went into bios and manually set it to 133x14
    >>
    >> since its a 1833mhz so 14x133 =1862 so it should boot up at 1800 but
    >> then it boots up as 800mhz
    >>
    >> also, weird thing is when i was installing windows xp, it did the
    >> intial formating of HD and the copying of setup files, then when it
    >> goes into windows to install, it get stuck at the windows LOGO the one
    >> where its a black screen with the colorful windows logo
    >> it keeps on freezing there until i went into bios and changed system
    >> performance and memory timings to AGGResSIVE MODE
    >> weird!!
    >>
    >> but i still can't get it to boot up to correct speed!

    the defalut power now multi is either 6x or 8x cant recall
    bill bixby, Dec 10, 2004