3 volt hot , rail and ground need help shorted out mobo

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by macattack600, Aug 3, 2011.

  1. macattack600

    macattack600

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    I am newbie I'm working on a logicboard from a macbook I have a logicboard that certainly has some sort of short in it when I connect the adapter it immediatley turns on will eventually power off after about 10 seconds almost load the o/s I guess most techies in here are pc techs but maybe this will fall under both. I had a good tech which I can't get in touch with tell me the short lies in between the PPBus_3GH (3 volt hot) rail and ground. I just trying to find out exactly where he is talking about. thanks.