    Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

    Also the Brightness/Contrast in the Overlay Controls now do absolutely
    nothing, is 44.03 a joke?
    ChrisNews, Jul 13, 2003

  2. ChrisNews

    John Lewis Guest

    On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 02:32:20 -0500, "Strontium" <abuse@your...isp.com>
    wrote:

    >I'd say that the 44.03's are not a worthwile pursuit.
    >
    >-
    > ChrisNews stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:
    >
    >> I have a GeForce 2 MX400 in my XP1800/256MB PC.
    >> Now, Quake3 used to run perfect until I got the 44.03 Detonator
    >> drivers, just because on the Nvidia site it says that it'll be 30%
    >> faster, but I recon it's made it 300% more jerky
    >> Actually, it couldn't have been smoother before, but now it's like i'm
    >> running 10 Q3's at once.
    >>
    >> Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem?
    >>
    >> Also the Brightness/Contrast in the Overlay Controls now do absolutely
    >> nothing, is 44.03 a joke?

    Back up to 43.45 and see if the problems go away.

    44.03 seem to have interesting problems, especially with WinXP.

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Jul 13, 2003

  3. ChrisNews

    Minotaur Guest

    Bet they are fantastic for 3DMark03 however.
    *runs and hides from the gay benchin fanboi club*

    Minotaur, Jul 13, 2003
  4. ChrisNews

    Strontium Guest

    Why would you run, and hide, from a bunch of queers? Are you that much of
    a wussy?

    -

    Strontium, Jul 13, 2003
  5. ChrisNews

    Chris_News Guest

    Fantastic, I put 43.45 back on, glad i kept the install too, and everything
    is back to normal
    Thanks heaps

    Chris_News, Jul 13, 2003
  6. ChrisNews

    John Russell Guest

    "Frode" <> wrote in message
    Frode, Jul 13, 2003
  8. ChrisNews

    John Russell Guest

    "Frode" <> wrote in message

    > John Russell wrote:
    > >> The 30% performance increase is based on an FX5600 and almost certainly
    > >> applies only to the FX series GPUs, not the good'n'old GF2s I'm afraid.
    > >> It's listed in the footnotes on the download page.

    > > And dosn't it relate to one aspect of the GPU's performance? Nvidia are
    > > not saying 30% more FPS, even if that's what a lot of people might

    think.

    > They're listing it as the "performance increase" for the Antalus Flyby in
    > UT2K3 yeah. I don't see many other ways of interpreting that other than
    > FPS.

    They have made these statements before with previous releses. When you check
    you find they really meant things like "texture thoughput increased 30%",
    or" polygon processing improved by 30%".
    This has nothing to do with cheating, only misleading. Statements like those
    above can be verified using specific tests. Nvidia cannot claim general
    increases in FSP because that depends upon how each game is coded.
    John Russell, Jul 13, 2003