3680 - eRecovery Backups: How to transfer to network drive

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Han, Jul 29, 2007.

  1. Han

    Han Guest

    Hi:

    Bought a nice and cheap Aspire 3680, but it has no DVD burner (maybe that
    was stupid of me). It has this backup feature that dynamically (and
    slowly) repartitions the hard drive to make room on the hidden backup
    partition. This is threatening to take over the hard drive.

    I need recommendations as to how to get a good image of the hard drive,
    without destroying all of the hidden drive. With another machine,
    installing Acronis TrueImage clobbered the factory reset partition, and I'd
    like to keep that on this Aspire 3680.

    Thanks in advance for your recommendations!

    --
    Best regards
    Han
    Han, Jul 29, 2007

  2. Han

    doS Guest

    put a dvd burner in it

    doS, Jul 30, 2007

  3. Han

    Han Guest

    "doS" <> wrote in

    > put a dvd burner in it

    That's too easy <grin>.

    Besides, where would I buy a DVD burner to put into an Acer Aspire 3680
    laptop if Acer isn't selling it? Can I just put anything in there that
    would fit? What would that do to the warrantee?

    Sorry for thye multitude of questions.

    Han

    --
    Best regards
    Han
    Han, Jul 31, 2007
  4. Han

    Chris Syn Guest

    get an Optiarc (which is sony-nec) brand.
    great little burner, no issues with acers.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827152073

    Chris Syn, Jul 31, 2007