    sees it with a probe-ide, but cannot boot to it. Any Ideas- I thought
    this DVD works in a SunFire? If not, any ideas on which model
    Slimline DVD I need?
    unixguy, Mar 14, 2008

  2. unixguy

    Guest

    On Mar 14, 5:01 pm, unixguy <> wrote:
    > Trying to Add a TEAC Slimline DVD DV-28E to a Sun Fire v120. It
    > sees it with a probe-ide, but cannot boot to it. Any Ideas- I thought
    > this DVD works in a SunFire? If not, any ideas on which model
    > Slimline DVD I need?

    If the DVD is found you should be able to boot from it. What command
    are you using to boot? whats the output from the devalias OBP command?
    - Is the DVD media itself known to be good?
    , Mar 16, 2008

  3. I have experience with this case
    Sun sparc did not accept most kinds of DVD Drivers

    I have a SUN V215 with out DVD Driver. and i put a DVD Driver which from
    another V240 on it
    but it won't work. and local sun engineer has confirmed DVD driver can't be
    exchanged.
    BeterHans PAN, Mar 24, 2008