    Does anyone know if there is a BIOS update for the P4SBA motherboard that
    will support 48-bit LBA addressing to accomodate hard drives larger than 137
    GB? SuperMicro is less than helpful.
    SCIS420, Mar 6, 2004

  2. To my knowledge, there is no BIOS update available. I use a Promise ultra
    ATA card for all of my hard drives anyway. The embedded controller only
    supports ATA-33 whereas the card I am using supports ATA-100. ATA-33 is
    more than sufficient for CD-ROM, DVD , tape, etc. but is yesterday's
    technology so far as hard drives go. ATA-100 (and above) cards can be had
    relatively cheaply and provide a lot of band for the buck in terms of
    increasing disk speed.

    Brian K. White, Mar 6, 2004