    alot, and, though the machine works fine, I can't help wondering if
    something's amiss. Searching for files/programs yields nothing much; same
    with Internet search. Anyone know what's going on? - - - Rich M.
    rmorguli, Mar 29, 2005

  2. rmorguli

    Guest

    Stumbled upon your post while searching for what it is actually.
    I had problems connecting to wireless at my college.
    I uninstalled it and everything works fine.
    I also uninstalled:
    Intel Pro Set
    Two intel drivers that deal with networking and wireless. Now
    everything works fine.
    Ofcourse all of those were installed with Thinkpad Software Installer.
    Why? Its beyond me. Sebring API? What the __ is it? Google's only
    meaningfull hits are on IBM site in the following context.

    IBM installs (and develops) so much junk software. I wish they did not
    invest in Java so heavily. IBM software is the biggest POS I've seen on
    any laptop. Everything barely works. And if it does it is INCREDIBLY
    slow, as is java. I wish they moved on to something else. The .NET
    framework or open source if they wish, but stop wasting money on Java
    technology. Such great hardware with such poorly executed software. Its
    a shame...

    Anyone actually know what the hell this Sebring API is?
    , Mar 29, 2005