    in order to get the best performance from the cctv camera?

    Thank you,

    , Sep 10, 2008

  2. Arno Wagner Guest

    Previously <> wrote:
    > Would you be kind enough to tell me just what is inside a 6-pin mini-
    > din cable? I am trying to replace a large length of cable for a cctv
    > system camera, and need some help knowing exactly what it is that I
    > should buy.

    > I looked on the mfr's site, and they list two types available - one
    > they term "high performance" and the other is "standard". However, I
    > know they are asking way, way too much for the cable, and I want to
    > find another supplier.

    > Is the cable called something else, or, what should I be looking for
    > in order to get the best performance from the cctv camera?

    > Thank you,

    A Mini-DIN connecto is just a connector. What the cabel is
    depends on you rapplication. For example, if this is a hybrid
    cable with a coax for the video and power lines, it will be
    expensive and have a length limit. The coax part will also
    have a specific impedance requirement. If it is just a
    data cable with common shield, it can get very cheap, depending
    on the quality you need. It all depends on the camera and its
    signals.

    Arno

    Arno Wagner, Sep 10, 2008