    keyboard says part 02K4308 FRU 02K4446 dated 21-Jul-98.

    Thanks

    Doug
    Doug Holtz NOSPAM in adress, Feb 13, 2005

  2. If I can't get a reasonably priced replacement, how do I disable the
    trackpoint so I can use an external mouse? I can't get into the BIOS to
    turn off the trackpoint because of the error.

    TNX

    Doug

    Doug Holtz NOSPAM in adress, Feb 13, 2005

  3. eBay is the easiest place to get a replacement, a keyboard without the bezel
    runs abt $30-$45. All 600 kb's are interchangable(600, 600E, 600X), just make
    sure you get the proper country as some people are selling English(British) kb's
    as replacements.

    To disable the mouse, run the Thinkpad Configuration program and set the
    trackpoint to disable, plug in an external and rock.

    TJ

    Capt. Wild Bill Kelso, USAAC, Feb 13, 2005
  4. Capt;

    When I run the diagnostics, the keyboard works. It's the trackpoint that is
    causing the error. I can't get past this. There is no test for the
    trackpoint in the diagnostics, and I can't get into the bios to disable the
    trackpoint. Do you know how I could do this?

    TNX

    Doug

    Doug Holtz NOSPAM in adress, Feb 15, 2005
  5. Doug,

    You - must - replace the keyboard to fix the mouse, no other way. Press and
    hold the F1 key and turn on the power. If the little bird(mouse icon) moves
    then the trackpoint works. If it doesnt move, get an external mouse and plug it
    in.

    TJ

    Doug Holtz NOSPAM in adress wrote:

    > Capt;
    >
    > When I run the diagnostics, the keyboard works. It's the trackpoint that is
    > causing the error. I can't get past this. There is no test for the
    > trackpoint in the diagnostics, and I can't get into the bios to disable the
    > trackpoint. Do you know how I could do this?
    >
    > TNX
    >
    > Doug

    > "Capt. Wild Bill Kelso, USAAC" <> wrote in message
    > > eBay is the easiest place to get a replacement, a keyboard without the
    > > bezel
    > > runs abt $30-$45. All 600 kb's are interchangable(600, 600E, 600X), just
    > > make
    > > sure you get the proper country as some people are selling
    > > English(British) kb's
    > > as replacements.
    > >
    > > To disable the mouse, run the Thinkpad Configuration program and set the
    > > trackpoint to disable, plug in an external and rock.
    > >
    > > TJ
    > >
    > > Doug Holtz NOSPAM in adress wrote:
    > >>
    > >> If I can't get a reasonably priced replacement, how do I disable the
    > >> trackpoint so I can use an external mouse? I can't get into the BIOS to
    > >> turn off the trackpoint because of the error.
    > >>
    > >> TNX
    > >>
    > >> Doug

    The beatings will continue until morale improves.
    Capt. Wild Bill Kelso, USAAC, Feb 15, 2005