    it looks like only the early runs were good overclockers? The 6320 is only
    like $30 more than the 4400.

    bob
    Billy Bob, May 21, 2007

  2. "Billy Bob" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Has anyone here tried ocing a 6320? I was going to get a 4300 or 4400 but
    > it looks like only the early runs were good overclockers? The 6320 is
    > only like $30 more than the 4400.
    >
    > bob

    It still hits 2.7ghz on stock settings which is not bad for a $ 130 chip...
    overclocking the E6320 requires faster memory which costs more.
    Nick Le Lievre, May 21, 2007

  3. Billy Bob

    Billy Bob Guest

    "Nick Le Lievre" <> wrote in message
    > "Billy Bob" <> wrote in message
    >> Has anyone here tried ocing a 6320? I was going to get a 4300 or 4400
    >> but it looks like only the early runs were good overclockers? The 6320
    >> is only like $30 more than the 4400.
    >>
    >> bob

    > It still hits 2.7ghz on stock settings which is not bad for a $ 130
    > chip... overclocking the E6320 requires faster memory which costs more.

    I'll be getting the gskil 2 gig ddr2 800 memory, if that helps?

    thx

    bob
    Billy Bob, May 21, 2007
  4. Billy Bob

    > "Billy Bob" <> wrote in message
    >> Has anyone here tried ocing a 6320? I was going to get a 4300 or 4400
    >> but it looks like only the early runs were good overclockers? The 6320
    >> is only like $30 more than the 4400.
    >>
    >> bob

    > It still hits 2.7ghz on stock settings which is not bad for a $ 130
    > chip... overclocking the E6320 requires faster memory which costs more.

    Are you referring to the E6320 for $130?

    thx

    bob

    Billy Bob, May 21, 2007
  5. "Billy Bob" <> wrote in message

    > "Nick Le Lievre" <> wrote in message
    >> "Billy Bob" <> wrote in message
    >>> Has anyone here tried ocing a 6320? I was going to get a 4300 or 4400
    >>> but it looks like only the early runs were good overclockers? The 6320
    >>> is only like $30 more than the 4400.
    >>>
    >>> bob

    >> It still hits 2.7ghz on stock settings which is not bad for a $ 130
    >> chip... overclocking the E6320 requires faster memory which costs more.

    > Are you referring to the E6320 for $130?

    No the E4300 which is approx $130 isn't it? I dunno becuase I live in the UK
    and it costs £ 62 here (the E4300 that is) the E6320 costs £ 88. Your
    getting the faster RAM so you should be able to take the E6320 higher then
    the 2331mhz it will reach at 333x7 - how high I dunno. You'd have to reach
    385x7 to get it to 2700mhz so that will require the ddr800 I guess although
    I heard that some ddr667 will reach 800 speeds. Don't take anything for
    granted even 2700mhz is a nice overclock for a CPU that starts out at
    1800mhz and only costs $ 120 how much further you will be able to get with a
    more expensive e6320 and more expensive RAM I dunno but is it really worth
    that much more?
    Nick Le Lievre, May 21, 2007
  6. Billy Bob

    Billy Bob Guest

    Actually the ram is $85 US for 2 gig right now!

    bob

    Billy Bob, May 21, 2007