    I returned my first 6600GT when the whole picture fractured and flickered
    constantly in all games. I'm wondering if this card is getting ready to go
    too. Is it just a crap card that is to be avoided?

    po, Jan 13, 2005

  2. po

    mine Guest

    po wrote:
    > I returned my first 6600GT when the whole picture fractured and flickered
    > constantly in all games. I'm wondering if this card is getting ready to go
    > too. Is it just a crap card that is to be avoided?

    1) Connect the AGP card to the PSU (at least 350 Watt, I suggest Enermax)
    2) Disable "Fast Write" in the bios
    3) Set AGP Aperture Size in the bios at "128MB"
    4) Set PCI latency in the bios at "64"
    5) Download PCI latency tool and set the AGP card to 64

    Ciao mine
    http://metropolis.blogs.com/

    mine, Jan 13, 2005

  3. po

    Nada Guest

    mine wrote:

    > po wrote:
    >
    >> I returned my first 6600GT when the whole picture fractured and flickered
    >> constantly in all games. I'm wondering if this card is getting ready
    >> to go
    >> too. Is it just a crap card that is to be avoided?

    > 1) Connect the AGP card to the PSU (at least 350 Watt, I suggest Enermax)
    > 2) Disable "Fast Write" in the bios
    > 3) Set AGP Aperture Size in the bios at "128MB"
    > 4) Set PCI latency in the bios at "64"
    > 5) Download PCI latency tool and set the AGP card to 64
    > http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=951

    6) Turn off the disco lights and remove the disco ball from the ceiling.

    Nada, Jan 13, 2005
  4. po

    DaveL Guest

    What version Nvidia display driver have you installed?

    DaveL

    "po" <> wrote in message
    > This is my second Nvidia MSI 6600GT card with 128 RAM. It's for an AGP

    slot.
    > I'm getting flickering in Rome Total War demo. I got it in another demo

    too,
    > but I deleted it. Quite a few games work flawlessly like Flatout, but it
    > seems that in some games you get flickering, flashing scenery bits that

    can

    DaveL, Jan 13, 2005
  5. po

    Neil J Bundy Guest

    Check if you still get it with VSync turned off (in the game / app and
    in the driver).

    That sometimes makes a difference. For instance NFSU2 doesn't like VSync
    enabled in the game on my PC.

    Neil.

    In message <>, po <>
    writes

    --
    Neil J Bundy

    Neil J Bundy, Jan 13, 2005
  6. po

    po Guest

    Driver 6693 which is the latest, I believe.

    po, Jan 14, 2005
  7. po

    DaveL Guest

    Looks like they are up to 71.24 now. They are even whql certified for the
    GF6 cards.

    DaveL

    DaveL, Jan 14, 2005