720p and 1366x768 Resolution

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Boris, Jun 28, 2012.

  1. Boris

    Boris Guest

    Hi,

    I bought a 15.6" Dell laptop for my in-laws, and it was advertised as
    720p.

    http://tinyurl.com/84hhnbu

    I had assumed that the native resolution would be xxxx X 720. But, it
    automatically set itself to 1366 X 768, and there was no selection for
    anything like xxx X 720. I was not entirely happy with the clarity of
    the screen, but it's ok.

    Am I correct in thinking that the screen was not running at it's best
    resolution? And, that's just the way it is these days? I'm going to be
    looking for my own 15.6" laptop soon. Should I stay away from anything
    advertised as 720p or 1080p if I want the clearest screen I can get?

    I don't plan (and neither do my in-laws) on watching TV or streaming on
    the laptop.

    TIA
    Boris, Jun 28, 2012