    I presume the DVD should be set as "master".

    Thanks,
    Jim
    Jim, Aug 11, 2005

  2. Jim

    Guest

    Hello,

    On 11 Aug 2005 04:30:03 -0700, "Jim" <> wrote:

    >755-A2 motherboard
    >1 Sata drive
    >1 DVD RW drive
    >
    >Should the DVD drive be installed in IDE2 or IDE1? Does it matter?

    It does matter as far as I know. Put the harddisc on ide1 as 'single
    master' and do the same with dvd-drive (secondary single master) but
    then on ide2 just to be sure that they do not hinder each other,
    although on a modern motherboard that will not be the case.

    Only if you are short of irq's you should put them together on ide1,
    hd as master and dvd-drive as slave.

    Do not forget to jumper the drives in the right way and if your
    dvd-drive can do '66' (udma) then it needs a 40-pin 80-conductor
    cable.

    >I presume the DVD should be set as "master".

    Is it a writer or only a player?
    If writer then it should preferably be jumpered as a master (so not be
    with the hd on ide1)

    >Thanks,
    >Jim

    Max M.
    , Aug 11, 2005

  3. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Thanks for the reply.

    I just fired it up for the first time with Linux.

    It seem to work with the DVD (writer) on IDE2 and the SATA in the SATA1
    port.

    Regards,
    Jim
    Jim, Aug 11, 2005