755-A2... only 256MB of RAM???

Discussion in 'ECS' started by gCrusher, Mar 4, 2005.

  1. gCrusher

    gCrusher Guest

    Just picked up the board from Newegg.com, tried installing Rosewill
    512 DDR [2700]. Board says I've only got a 256 stick in. Tried
    putting both sticks in, should be a gig of ram then. No good.

    Little worried.

    1. Advertising

  2. PJx

    PJx Guest

    On 4 Mar 2005 05:22:30 -0500,
    -spam.invalid (gCrusher) wrote:

    >Just picked up the board from Newegg.com, tried installing Rosewill
    >512 DDR [2700]. Board says I've only got a 256 stick in. Tried
    >putting both sticks in, should be a gig of ram then. No good.
    >
    >Little worried.

    See the above thread post from buffalo about ram density dated 2-28.
    I think that's your problem.

    PJ

    1. Advertising

  3. Tod

    Tod Guest

    gCrusher wrote:
    > Just picked up the board from Newegg.com, tried installing Rosewill
    > 512 DDR [2700]. Board says I've only got a 256 stick in. Tried
    > putting both sticks in, should be a gig of ram then. No good.
    >
    > Little worried.

    As a long shot, try clearing the bios.
    Unplug the power cord and remove the CMOS jumper for 30 seconds.