    settings to boot with DDR400.

    http://www.ecsusa.com/products/755-a.html
    http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Products/ProductsDetail.aspx?DetailID=420
    Cuzman, Aug 1, 2005

  2. It should work, but there are no guarantees. Then again, there are no
    guarantees if you buy ddr333 also. More likely to work than not though.

    Cuzman () wrote:

    : I've just got hold of a 755A (1.0a), and the packaging and manual are
    : amended with stickers stating that only DDR333 is supported (!?).

    : So does that mean I can use DDR400 and set it to DDR333 speeds? Will it
    : automatically read from SPD, hence not allowing me to get into the BIOS
    : when I only have DDR400? I'm sure as hell not buying lower speed RAM,
    : just so I'm able to get into the BIOS and manually change the RAM

    Brian Campbell, Aug 1, 2005

  3. Cuzman

    tcsenter Guest

    DDR400 and DDR333 refer to the actual memory bus speed/frequency (or to
    the rating of the DRAM chips), at least they *should*. PC3200 and
    PC2700 refer to the entire module spec.

    PC3200 modules are indeed supported on the 755-A (1.0), but they will
    run at a maximum of DDR333 speed/frequency, not DDR400. This was one
    of the flaws fixed in the 2.0 version of the 755-A (A2).
    tcsenter, Aug 8, 2005