7900gtx or two 7900gt in SLI?

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Morten Meiling Olsen, Apr 10, 2006.

  1. Should I get one 7900gtx or two 7900gt in SLI? What would you suggest?

    1. Advertising

  2. Biff

    Biff Guest

    once you get em in sli the performance numbers from the 2xgtx dont justify
    the cost differential
    "Morten Meiling Olsen" <> wrote in message
    > Should I get one 7900gtx or two 7900gt in SLI? What would you suggest?

    1. Advertising

  3. Butterfield

    Butterfield Guest

    On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 17:21:05 GMT, "Biff" <> wrote:

    >once you get em in sli the performance numbers from the 2xgtx dont justify
    >the cost differential

    How so? Please show the performance numbers,
    Thanks

    -- Butterfield

  4. DRS

    DRS Guest

    "Butterfield" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 17:21:05 GMT, "Biff" <> wrote:
    >
    >> once you get em in sli the performance numbers from the 2xgtx dont
    >> justify the cost differential

    > How so? Please show the performance numbers,
    > Thanks

    Tom's Hardware Guide has done more graphics benchmarks than you can throw a
    stick at. Unless the game supports SLI then it's typical for single card
    performance to marginally outscore SLI because it doesn't have the
    coordination overhead.