    Anyone know what the max CPU I can use is?

    TIA

    Andy
    Acedrew, Feb 16, 2004

  2. Acedrew

    jOhN Guest

    Acedrew wrote:
    > The Chaintech site doesnt seem to acknowledge the existence of my 7AJA2-100
    > board.
    >
    > Anyone know what the max CPU I can use is?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Andy

    Found this on a UK website
    "7AJA2/100 & 6 CH SND SDR
    Supports CPU's Upto AMD 1.4Ghz / XP 2600+
    Comments: SOCKET A M/BOARD ONBOARD SOUND. ATA100 CONTROLLER WITH 2 USB
    PORTS. WAKE ON LAN AND WAKE ON RING SUPPORT. SUPPORTS THE ATHLON - XP
    CPU, 11/18/02 BIOS required for XP2600+ CPU @ 266Mhz. Supports 0.13 micron"

    Like you said, Chaintech doesn't have much/any info. I did find several
    BIOS download spots using google.
    jOhN, Feb 17, 2004

  3. Acedrew

    Lazarus Guest

    Your info is all there!

    http://www.chaintechusa.com/tw/eng/product_spec.asp?MPSNo=13&PISNo=46

    Always use the chaintech EUROPE site as all the others are incomplete and
    never updated as quick

    On the link above you will find just about everything you could need
    bios,support,faq,mem compatibility list,etc etc

    Lazarus, Feb 17, 2004
  4. Acedrew

    Lazarus Guest

    Version : 7.0
    Date: 2003/10/31
    Note :
    Feature : Supported AMD Duron FSB133Mhz 1400+ 1600+ 1800+ CPU

    Look what vers 7 allows!

    Lazarus, Feb 17, 2004
  5. Acedrew

    jOhN Guest

    Lazarus wrote:

    > Your info is all there!
    >
    > http://www.chaintechusa.com/tw/eng/product_spec.asp?MPSNo=13&PISNo=46
    >

    > Always use the chaintech EUROPE site as all the others are incomplete and
    > never updated as quick
    >
    > On the link above you will find just about everything you could need
    > bios,support,faq,mem compatibility list,etc etc
    >

    > "Acedrew" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>The Chaintech site doesnt seem to acknowledge the existence of my

    > 7AJA2-100
    >
    >>board.
    >>
    >>Anyone know what the max CPU I can use is?
    >>
    >>TIA
    >>
    >>Andy

    That's the same on the other websites. I guess Acedrew and I are
    wondering where the -100 version is supported. One bios website I found
    referred to the 7AJA2 and the 7AJA2-100 as the same mainboard. Another
    gave the indication that the 7AJA2-100 and the 7AJA2E used the same bios
    and the 7AJA2 used a different one. A bios isn't something you want to
    mess up since it can bugger the chip permanently.

    I can't find any reference to the -100 on any of the chaintech websites
    so I suggest Acedrew emails them. I hear they respond pretty quickly.
    jOhN, Feb 17, 2004
  6. Acedrew

    Lazarus Guest

    Doesnt the "100" simply indicate its 100fsb?

    Lazarus, Feb 17, 2004
  7. Acedrew

    Acedrew Guest

    OK, assuming that what I have is actually a 'regular' 7AJA2, does anyone
    know if I can use the newer (Thoroughbred, or even Barton/Thornton) Athlon
    CPUs, or am I tied to the older Paolomino?

    TIA

    Andy

    Acedrew, Feb 17, 2004