    adapter? If so, - Well, I see all sorts of 92 to 80mm adapters out there.
    I can't seem to find a 92mm to 120mm adapter any where. Is there such a
    thing?

    twobirds, Jun 21, 2005

  2. twobirds

    Ed Light Guest

    You can tape it on.

    --
    Ed Light

    Smiley :-/
    MS Smiley :-\

    Send spam to the FTC at

    Thanks, robots.

    Ed Light, Jun 21, 2005

  3. twobirds

    twobirds Guest

    Ed Light wrote:
    > You can tape it on.

    Though I'm a firm beleiver in mystic abilities of baling wire and duct tape,
    I do happen to own a drill and a dremmel tool. Knowing the distance between
    the mounting holes would help me make a decision between modding and
    ordering another fan. If the 92mm is not suitable for my purpose, it will
    find a home on one of my SLK-800s and I'll order a 120. Any idea what the
    distance between the mounting holes is either diagonally, horizontally, or
    vertically on a standard 92mm fan?

    twobirds, Jun 21, 2005
  4. twobirds

    Ed Light Guest

    If the case takes 80 and 120, 90 being in between, I'd guess that you can
    make holes for it. You can stand it off on rubber grommets too, or use one
    of those vibration-damping gaskets.

    --
    Ed Light

    Smiley :-/
    MS Smiley :-\

    Send spam to the FTC at

    Thanks, robots.

    Ed Light, Jun 21, 2005
  5. twobirds

    andrew Guest

    twobirds wrote:
    > Ed Light wrote:
    >
    >>You can tape it on.

    > Though I'm a firm beleiver in mystic abilities of baling wire and duct tape,
    > I do happen to own a drill and a dremmel tool. Knowing the distance between
    > the mounting holes would help me make a decision between modding and
    > ordering another fan. If the 92mm is not suitable for my purpose, it will
    > find a home on one of my SLK-800s and I'll order a 120. Any idea what the
    > distance between the mounting holes is either diagonally, horizontally, or
    > vertically on a standard 92mm fan?

    According to the Farnell website (a large electronic component supplier
    in the UK) the fixing centres for 92mm fans are 71.5mm apart. See
    http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?SKU=149426&N=401
    for details.

    andrew, Jun 21, 2005
  6. twobirds

    Cuzman Guest

    twobirds wrote:

    " How far apart are the mounting holes on a 92mm case fan? "

    I typed the words *80mm 92mm fan adapter* in to Google and it magically
    brought up this: http://tinyurl.com/9cnw8

    Cuzman, Jun 21, 2005
  7. twobirds

    twobirds Guest

    Cuzman wrote:
    > twobirds wrote:
    >
    > " How far apart are the mounting holes on a 92mm case fan? "
    >

    > I typed the words *80mm 92mm fan adapter* in to Google and it
    > magically brought up this: http://tinyurl.com/9cnw8

    Looking for a 92 to 120. There is one that is 120 to 92, but it won't suit
    my purpose

    twobirds, Jun 22, 2005
  8. twobirds

    twobirds Guest

    Re: 80mm 92mm 120 mm fan mounting spacing> google

    Cuzman wrote:
    > twobirds wrote:
    >
    > " How far apart are the mounting holes on a 92mm case fan? "
    >

    > I typed the words *80mm 92mm fan adapter* in to Google and it
    > magically brought up this: http://tinyurl.com/9cnw8

    I decided to reply twice.

    Listen. Should we put up a sign on usenet that reads: "Just use google.
    Human interaction has been replaced" ?? . If you think I don't know how
    to use a search box... maybe you can just **** right off. Your "magical
    appearance" (of the wrong answer anyway because you didn't read) was not my
    chosen method to secure the information I desired. I chose to use usenet.
    That's where I might actually find a *person* with the information I want
    who is willing to share it with me.

    You fuckers who always post, "Use google" and seldom contribute anything of
    relavence to threads on usenet can lick my sweaty balls. To state it more
    simply - **** you.

    twobirds, Jun 22, 2005
  9. twobirds

    Bill Guest

    Re: 80mm 92mm 120 mm fan mounting spacing> google

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Cuzman wrote:
    > > twobirds wrote:
    > >
    > > " How far apart are the mounting holes on a 92mm case fan? "
    > >

    > > I typed the words *80mm 92mm fan adapter* in to Google and it
    > > magically brought up this: http://tinyurl.com/9cnw8

    > I decided to reply twice.
    >
    > Listen. Should we put up a sign on usenet that reads: "Just use google.
    > Human interaction has been replaced" ?? . If you think I don't know how
    > to use a search box... maybe you can just **** right off. Your "magical
    > appearance" (of the wrong answer anyway because you didn't read) was not my
    > chosen method to secure the information I desired. I chose to use usenet.
    > That's where I might actually find a *person* with the information I want
    > who is willing to share it with me.
    >
    > You fuckers who always post, "Use google" and seldom contribute anything of
    > relavence to threads on usenet can lick my sweaty balls. To state it more
    > simply - **** you.

    Maybe they're just tired of answering lazy, syphlitic, goat blowing
    lamers such as yourself. And I mean that in a nice way.

    Bill

    Bill, Jun 22, 2005
  10. twobirds

    High Guest

    Re: 80mm 92mm 120 mm fan mounting spacing> google

    > You fuckers who always post, "Use google" and seldom contribute anything of
    > relavence to threads on usenet can lick my sweaty balls. To state it more
    > simply - **** you.

    No, **** YOU, why would anyone want to help an ASSHOLE like you. JUST
    USE GOOGLE!!

    High, Jun 22, 2005
  11. twobirds

    High wrote:

    > No, **** YOU, why would anyone want to help an ASSHOLE like you. JUST
    > USE GOOGLE!!

    Nymshifting isn't cool, either. Pick a nym and stick with it, you silly
    sod.

    twobirds, Jun 22, 2005
  12. twobirds

    Gary C Guest

    http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_3748.html

    Gary C, Jun 22, 2005
  13. twobirds

    Gary C Guest

    Gary C, Jun 22, 2005
  14. twobirds

    Gary C Guest

    "twobirds" <> wrote in message

    > Nymshifting isn't cool, either. Pick a nym and stick with it, you silly
    > sod.

    Ammmm, when you get really good and pissed,
    what language do you speak?

    I'm just a curious lurker, try to understand the above.

    Gary C, Jun 22, 2005
  15. twobirds

    Gary C wrote:
    > "twobirds" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Nymshifting isn't cool, either. Pick a nym and stick with it, you
    >> silly sod.
    >>

    > Ammmm, when you get really good and pissed,
    > what language do you speak?

    Pissed as in drunk - or pissed as in angry? It makes a difference. I have
    a handful of Americanisms that express anger or frustration quite well.
    Somehow, I start spouting Greek or German when I've had too much to drink.

    > I'm just a curious lurker, try to understand the above.

    I do.

    twobirds, Jun 23, 2005
  16. twobirds

    Gary C Guest

    "twobirds" <> wrote in message
    > Gary C wrote:
    >> "twobirds" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Nymshifting isn't cool, either. Pick a nym and stick with it, you
    >>> silly sod.
    >>>

    >> Ammmm, when you get really good and pissed,
    >> what language do you speak?

    > Pissed as in drunk - or pissed as in angry? It makes a difference. I
    > have
    > a handful of Americanisms that express anger or frustration quite well.

    Pissed = angry.
    Drunk = http://thesaurus.reference.com/search?q=drunk

    > Somehow, I start spouting Greek or German when I've had too much to drink.

    Greek or German? Is it one or the other, or are you not sure which?

    >> I'm just a curious lurker, try to understand the above.

    > I do.

    You've been blessed then :)

    Gary C, Jun 23, 2005
  17. twobirds

    Gary C wrote:
    > "twobirds" <> wrote in message
    >> Gary C wrote:
    >>> "twobirds" <> wrote in message

    >>> Ammmm, when you get really good and pissed,
    >>> what language do you speak?

    >> Pissed as in drunk - or pissed as in angry? It makes a difference.
    >> I have
    >> a handful of Americanisms that express anger or frustration quite
    >> well.

    > Pissed = angry.
    > Drunk = http://thesaurus.reference.com/search?q=drunk

    Pissed = Drunk
    http://www3.telus.net/linguisticsissues/britishcanadianamericanvocabp.html
    about half way down the page.

    >> Somehow, I start spouting Greek or German when I've had too much to
    >> drink.
    >>

    > Greek or German? Is it one or the other, or are you not sure which?

    Depends on what I drank and how much. I speak 11 languages. I lived in
    Greece for 3 years and Germany for two. My internal monologue tends to be
    in either Greek or German as often as my native tongue.

    >>> I'm just a curious lurker, try to understand the above.

    >> I do.

    > You've been blessed then :)

    More than you know.

    The real question was probably about the word "nymshifting". That word is
    specific to usenet. If this were IRC, the name one uses would be their
    "Nick". If this were the www, it would be one's "Screen Name". On usenet,
    it is one's "Nym". Nymshifting is the act of changing one's name or other
    header details to avoid other people's kill filters (also known to most
    people using unix based news readers such as PAN as the "Bozo Bin"). I
    noticed the headers of the nymshifter before and made mention that
    nymshifting is not a good thing.

    There. That should clear it up.

    twobirds, Jun 23, 2005
  18. twobirds

    twobirds Guest

    Ed Light wrote:
    > If the case takes 80 and 120, 90 being in between, I'd guess that you
    > can make holes for it. You can stand it off on rubber grommets too,
    > or use one of those vibration-damping gaskets.

    As it turns out, the mounting hole spacing for a 92 and 120 are the same. A
    120 mm fan has a thinner cage to accomodate the larger blades and the holes
    are set closer to the inner part of the corners. The 92 mm has a slightly
    thicker cage and the holes are set more towards the outer portion of each
    corner - thus making the mounting spacing identicle. I can't say that this
    would hold true through all manufacturers, but I am currently in possession
    of two 92s made by Panflo and a couple of 120s made by Sanyo Denki. I also
    have a grille for a 120 and a grille for a 92. They are the same.

    twobirds, Jun 23, 2005
  19. twobirds

    Gary C Guest

    "twobirds" <> wrote in message

    > Pissed = Drunk
    > http://www3.telus.net/linguisticsissues/britishcanadianamericanvocabp.html
    > about half way down the page.

    Now better educated here I sit. Thanks, I'll make use of this URL!

    > The real question was probably about the word "nymshifting". That word is
    > specific to usenet. If this were IRC, the name one uses would be their
    > "Nick". If this were the www, it would be one's "Screen Name". On
    > usenet,
    > it is one's "Nym". Nymshifting is the act of changing one's name or other
    > header details to avoid other people's kill filters (also known to most
    > people using unix based news readers such as PAN as the "Bozo Bin"). I
    > noticed the headers of the nymshifter before and made mention that
    > nymshifting is not a good thing.
    >
    > There. That should clear it up.

    Yes it does. Interesting.

    Gary C, Jun 25, 2005
  20. twobirds

    dawg Guest

    Re: 80mm 92mm 120 mm fan mounting spacing> google

    GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND!!!

    dawg, Jun 29, 2005