    thx
    hamidi

    , Jul 7, 2007

  2. peter Guest

    Since you need to reset with the "key" I assume the intrusion alarm is
    making the sound.
    Does this mobo have that feature? do you have it turned on in the BIOS??

    If by "key" you actually mean the on/off switch on the front of the case
    there are 2 things I would check ...one being the HD the noise could be a
    failing HD..the manufacturers website usually has some sort of testing
    program for that purpose.The other being the Power Supply they do wear out
    and maybe yours is on its last leg and just does not have the juice to power
    up all of the hardware but when you do a soft on/off some of those devices
    already ave power and it starts.
    good luck
    peter

    peter, Jul 7, 2007