    Jim E Guest

    Can someone do me a copy of the driver disc for this mainboard.

    Can pay expenses via paypal!
    Jim E, Mar 14, 2007

  2. Jim E

    Jim E Guest

    avmaster

    at

    btinternet

    dot com

    is the addy

    Jim E, Mar 14, 2007

  3. Jim E

    Folk Guest

    Folk, Mar 15, 2007
  4. Jim E

    Jim E Guest

    "Folk" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 18:57:00 -0000, "Jim E" <who?> wrote:
    >
    >>Can someone do me a copy of the driver disc for this mainboard.
    >>
    >>Can pay expenses via paypal!

    > Why don't you just download them? They are available here:
    > http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/driver/dvr/spt_dvr_detail.php?UID=556&kind=1

    For some reason my board will not accept the LAN driver in xp. Keeps telling
    me its the wrong driver. I am at my wits end I have tried everything but I
    cannot seem to find the right driver for this boards lan.

    MS 6728 Version 2 is what it says on the board and that appears to be a
    865pe p.

    But something is clearly wrong because I also downloaded the inf update and
    the onboard sound driver....both of these installed ok but when I run live
    update it tells me there is 2 drivers. The inf and the sound???? No mention
    of the lan though.

    Its as though my board looks like a 865pe p but its not and live update is
    getting drivers somewhere else!

    The manual says its a realtek 8110s and the driver I download corrsponds to
    this but xp keeps saying its the wrong driver.

    I checked the picture on msi`s site and it looks identical in every way to
    my board.

    ?
    Jim E, Mar 15, 2007
  5. Jim E

    Folk Guest

    On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 20:00:40 -0000, "Jim E" <who?> wrote:

    >"Folk" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 18:57:00 -0000, "Jim E" <who?> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Can someone do me a copy of the driver disc for this mainboard.
    >>>
    >>>Can pay expenses via paypal!

    >> Why don't you just download them? They are available here:
    >> http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/driver/dvr/spt_dvr_detail.php?UID=556&kind=1

    >For some reason my board will not accept the LAN driver in xp. Keeps telling
    >me its the wrong driver. I am at my wits end I have tried everything but I
    >cannot seem to find the right driver for this boards lan.
    >
    >MS 6728 Version 2 is what it says on the board and that appears to be a
    >865pe p.
    >
    >But something is clearly wrong because I also downloaded the inf update and
    >the onboard sound driver....both of these installed ok but when I run live
    >update it tells me there is 2 drivers. The inf and the sound???? No mention
    >of the lan though.
    >
    >Its as though my board looks like a 865pe p but its not and live update is
    >getting drivers somewhere else!
    >
    >The manual says its a realtek 8110s and the driver I download corrsponds to
    >this but xp keeps saying its the wrong driver.
    >
    >I checked the picture on msi`s site and it looks identical in every way to
    >my board.
    >
    >?

    You might try a utility such as Belarc Advisor or SiSoft Sandra to
    help identify your hardware. Both are free downloads.

    Have you tried the drivers directly from Realtek's site? You can find
    them here:
    http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...d=6&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false
    Folk, Mar 16, 2007
  6. Jim E

    Jim E Guest

    "Folk" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 20:00:40 -0000, "Jim E" <who?> wrote:
    >

    >>"Folk" <> wrote in message

    >>> Why don't you just download them? They are available here:
    >>> http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/driver/dvr/spt_dvr_detail.php?UID=556&kind=1

    >>For some reason my board will not accept the LAN driver in xp. Keeps
    >>telling
    >>me its the wrong driver. I am at my wits end I have tried everything but I
    >>cannot seem to find the right driver for this boards lan.
    >>
    >>MS 6728 Version 2 is what it says on the board and that appears to be a
    >>865pe p.
    >>
    >>But something is clearly wrong because I also downloaded the inf update
    >>and
    >>the onboard sound driver....both of these installed ok but when I run live
    >>update it tells me there is 2 drivers. The inf and the sound???? No
    >>mention
    >>of the lan though.
    >>
    >>Its as though my board looks like a 865pe p but its not and live update is
    >>getting drivers somewhere else!
    >>
    >>The manual says its a realtek 8110s and the driver I download corrsponds
    >>this but xp keeps saying its the wrong driver.
    >>
    >>I checked the picture on msi`s site and it looks identical in every way to
    >>my board.
    >>
    >>?

    > You might try a utility such as Belarc Advisor or SiSoft Sandra to
    > help identify your hardware. Both are free downloads.
    >
    > Have you tried the drivers directly from Realtek's site? You can find
    > them here:
    > http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...d=6&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

    Tried everything mate incl belarc but belarc cant identify a card unless it
    has its driver loaded it just sees it as a comms device!

    Tried the generic driver too!

    Thanks for your efforts I really appreciate it.

    If I could just get the original disc then it would confirm/deny that the
    lan is actually broken in some way!
    Jim E, Mar 16, 2007
  7. Jim E

    Paul Guest

    Jim E wrote:
    > "Folk" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 20:00:40 -0000, "Jim E" <who?> wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Folk" <> wrote in message

    >>> For some reason my board will not accept the LAN driver in xp. Keeps
    >>> telling
    >>> me its the wrong driver. I am at my wits end I have tried everything but I
    >>> cannot seem to find the right driver for this boards lan.
    >>>
    >>> MS 6728 Version 2 is what it says on the board and that appears to be a
    >>> 865pe p.
    >>>
    >>> But something is clearly wrong because I also downloaded the inf update
    >>> and
    >>> the onboard sound driver....both of these installed ok but when I run live
    >>> update it tells me there is 2 drivers. The inf and the sound???? No
    >>> mention
    >>> of the lan though.
    >>>
    >>> Its as though my board looks like a 865pe p but its not and live update is
    >>> getting drivers somewhere else!
    >>>
    >>> The manual says its a realtek 8110s and the driver I download corrsponds
    >>> this but xp keeps saying its the wrong driver.
    >>>
    >>> I checked the picture on msi`s site and it looks identical in every way to
    >>> my board.
    >>>
    >>> ?

    >> You might try a utility such as Belarc Advisor or SiSoft Sandra to
    >> help identify your hardware. Both are free downloads.
    >>
    >> Have you tried the drivers directly from Realtek's site? You can find
    >> them here:
    >> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...d=6&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

    > Tried everything mate incl belarc but belarc cant identify a card unless it
    > has its driver loaded it just sees it as a comms device!
    >
    > Tried the generic driver too!
    >
    > Thanks for your efforts I really appreciate it.
    >
    > If I could just get the original disc then it would confirm/deny that the
    > lan is actually broken in some way!

    Try Everest:

    When my sound card was making bad connections to the PCI bus,
    I could still read the enumeration information with Everest.

    A driver won't load, unless the enumeration matches an entry in
    the INF file. Every time one of the PCI bus pins made bad
    contact, I'd see the new hardware wizard. If the chip itself is
    completely dead or is disabled in the BIOS, then you won't be
    able to see it in Everest or use its installer.

    Devices:pCI Devices:Device_Description and highlight something
    which is not properly labelled. For example, I have a card present
    on the PCI bus, which is a custom hardware design, and it shows
    as "Coprocessor [NoDB]" when Everest tries to ID it.

    Paul
    Paul, Mar 17, 2007
  8. Jim E

    Jim E Guest

    "Paul" <> wrote in message news:etft4i$99i$...
    > Jim E wrote:
    >> "Folk" <> wrote in message

    >>> You might try a utility such as Belarc Advisor or SiSoft Sandra to
    >>> help identify your hardware. Both are free downloads.
    >>>
    >>> Have you tried the drivers directly from Realtek's site? You can find
    >>> them here:
    >>> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...d=6&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

    >> Tried everything mate incl belarc but belarc cant identify a card unless
    >> it has its driver loaded it just sees it as a comms device!
    >>
    >> Tried the generic driver too!
    >>
    >> Thanks for your efforts I really appreciate it.
    >>
    >> If I could just get the original disc then it would confirm/deny that the
    >> lan is actually broken in some way!
    >>

    > Try Everest:
    >
    > http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181
    >
    > When my sound card was making bad connections to the PCI bus,
    > I could still read the enumeration information with Everest.
    >
    > A driver won't load, unless the enumeration matches an entry in
    > the INF file. Every time one of the PCI bus pins made bad
    > contact, I'd see the new hardware wizard. If the chip itself is
    > completely dead or is disabled in the BIOS, then you won't be
    > able to see it in Everest or use its installer.
    >
    > Devices:pCI Devices:Device_Description and highlight something
    > which is not properly labelled. For example, I have a card present
    > on the PCI bus, which is a custom hardware design, and it shows
    > as "Coprocessor [NoDB]" when Everest tries to ID it.
    >
    > Paul

    You are da man!!!!

    First everest (which I had....duh!) told me that my board is in fact a 865ps
    neo2 which msi`s site doesnt list.

    It also told me that the lan was in fact a RTL6129 and not a RTL8110s as the
    menual states. Again Realteks site had never heard of it. I done an ask
    jeeves and downloaded a 14kb file. I was thinking "what the feck is
    this...14kb!!!! surely thats not a driver"

    It was!!!!

    Without your post Paul I would have given up so cheers for that m8!
    Jim E, Mar 20, 2007