    celcius and sometimes goes up to 50 or 51. I am using the stock fan. Is
    this a normal temp?

    Hugh

    Hugh Sutherland, Nov 8, 2004

  2. Hugh Sutherland

    Graham W Guest

    "Hugh Sutherland" <> wrote in message
    news:1KNjd.5896$...
    > I have the abonve board and chip and my cpu temp is usually 49 degree
    > celcius and sometimes goes up to 50 or 51. I am using the stock fan.

    Is
    > this a normal temp?

    Possibly. It isn't out of range but a lot depends on the room temp and
    system temp. See the article 'My Recent XP1800+ Build' on my website
    in sig (1). Note that the VCool utility won't work on the 8RDA+ nForce
    m/board.

    (1) That was a previous m/board (8KHA+) but it is an 8RDA+ now
    with a mobile XPM2500+ clocked to 3200 speeds!

    Graham W, Nov 8, 2004

  3. Hugh Sutherland

    David Guest

    >I have the abonve board and chip and my cpu temp is usually 49 degree
    >celcius and sometimes goes up to 50 or 51. I am using the stock fan. Is
    >this a normal temp?
    >
    > Hugh

    Nothing to worry about . Does your case have any exhaust fans? What is your
    ambient temp? Stress load your cpu to see how high it goes eg prime95

    using a volcano7+ on low rpm and my cpu overclocked from xp1700 to xp2400
    speed the temp is sitting at 45 under load with an ambient temp of 25.

    David, Nov 8, 2004
  4. Hugh Sutherland

    Philburg2 Guest

    I have a similar backup PC, it gets pretty hot and the airflow is decent. I
    think this chip ran hot for its stock fan. I think Im using a 2500+ rated
    stock fan on it, it still is pretty warm during summer.

    Philburg2, Nov 10, 2004