    think I should have to though.

    Any insight into the problem?
    , Feb 8, 2005

  2. DaveL Guest

    My manual says that 26h is reserved. Normal with a bad video card you'll
    get a beep code of one long beep followed by two short. You should visually
    inspect the capacitors for bulging tops and tan or brown substance on top.
    Epox is currently RMAing these boards for this problem. I have two of them
    and they are both showing signs of stressed capacitors.

    DaveL

    DaveL, Feb 8, 2005

  3. John Smith Guest

    Hi
    Poss video card problem or overclocking failure
    try totally clearing bios,pull mains lead out,turn on to clear
    power supply,move jumper to clear on bios,leave 30 secs then move back
    also try removing battery
    also try holding down"insert" key while powering up(hold
    down insert key before pushing power button)
    try moving jumper on fsb pins to 100/133

    Smify

    John Smith, Feb 8, 2005
  4. Guest

    Well - it seems it is a video card problem. I threw an old PCI card in,
    and away it went.

    Searching in deja, I see that some ppl had problems with the 8rda+ and
    video cards blowing in the past. I wonder which component is the
    problem.

    John Smith wrote:
    > Hi
    > Poss video card problem or overclocking failure
    > try totally clearing bios,pull mains lead out,turn on to clear
    > power supply,move jumper to clear on bios,leave 30 secs then move

    back
    > also try removing battery
    > also try holding down"insert" key while powering up(hold
    > down insert key before pushing power button)
    > try moving jumper on fsb pins to 100/133
    >
    > Smify
    >

    > <> wrote in message
    > > I've got an 8RDA+ that is throwing a post code of 26. I can't get

    it to
    > > boot up at all - no video, nothing.
    > >
    > > Looking through the archives, I see that a video card could be the
    > > problem, but the system was running with the present video card

    until
    > > yesterday.
    > >
    > > The real ***** of it is, I just got this board back from Epox on an

    RMA
    > > about two months ago! Maybe it just time to retire her...really

    don't
    > > think I should have to though.
    > >
    > > Any insight into the problem?

    , Feb 13, 2005
  5. John Smith Guest

    Hi
    What video card u got?
    the early 8rdas had the dimm slots a bit to low
    this caused a prob with big video cards,specifically the 4600s
    if not careful on installing vid card it would knock a transistor of the
    back
    of the 4400/4600 pcb

    http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12618&page=1&pp=20

    also if a radeon 9700/9800(and poss others)they do not like fast writes
    enabled
    Trouble is if clearing bios fast writes is enabled by default
    so pop in nvidea card or pci card,go into bios and disable fast writes,then
    pop in radeon

    Smiffy

    John Smith, Feb 13, 2005