    I cleared the CMOS and no luck.
    By the way the chip number is: AXDA3000DKV4E. Any ideas?

    Hugh

    H Sutherland, Dec 20, 2006

  2. H Sutherland

    gdp Guest

    H Sutherland wrote:
    > My Epox 8RDA+ Ver 1.1 will not work with my ATHLON XP3000 400Mhz CPU
    > According to the specs the highest it will go is 333Mhz so why does it just
    > not clock down?
    > I put the chip in it starts up for 2seconds then powers off. I don't think
    > the chip is bad but I have not been able to test it in another system yet.
    > I cleared the CMOS and no luck.
    > By the way the chip number is: AXDA3000DKV4E. Any ideas?
    >
    > Hugh

    What BIOS revision are you running? You may need at least 8RDA3A17.BIN
    dated 2003/10/17, or later.

    http://www.k7jo.de/8rda /index.htm#epox

    gdp, Dec 20, 2006

  3. H Sutherland

    dave Guest

    There are two versions of the XP3000+. One that has a fixed multiplier for
    use with 333mhz fsb and another for 400mhz fsb. You got the wrong one. You
    should have got the 333mhz to be compatible with your motherboard. The only
    way to run it in that MB is to underclock it. You can always set the fsb to
    333mhz in cmos setup. But I don't think this is your problem right now.
    Like the other guy said, be sure to update to the latest bios. You sure
    your HSF is plugged in properly? Maybe the power supply is not up to
    powering the higher powered cpu?

    DaveL

    dave, Dec 20, 2006
  4. H Sutherland

    H Sutherland Guest

    I have the latest biuos & I don't think its a bios problem since it only
    powers on for 2 or 3seconds then turns off. the screen or bios prompt don't
    even come up.

    H Sutherland, Dec 22, 2006