8RDA3+ Post FF only

Discussion in 'Epox' started by ian_journeaux@hotmail.com, Mar 19, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I just flashed the bios on my motherboard. Everything went ok and I
    pressed F1 to reboot. The motherboard never came back up and the Boot
    code is always FF.

    Tried all of the obvious things. Cleared the CMOS, disconnected all
    power removed memory.

    Nada nothing.

    Capacitors are all ok

    Am I missing something obvious or do I have to get incontact with Epox?
    Thanks

    1. Advertising

  2. DaveL

    DaveL Guest

    Disconnect the PSU from the board. Clear the cmos by setting the jumper
    and removing
    the battery for 10 minutes. There should be a failsafe jumper on the board.
    Try setting that too.

    If that doesn't work, take the board out of the case. With only cpu with
    hsf, one stick of ram
    and video card hooked up, clear the cmos by setting the jumper and removing
    the battery for
    10 minutes. Then hook up the psu and start by momentarily shorting the power
    switch pins on
    the motherboard.

    DaveL

    <> wrote in message
    >I just flashed the bios on my motherboard. Everything went ok and I
    > pressed F1 to reboot. The motherboard never came back up and the Boot
    > code is always FF.
    >
    > Tried all of the obvious things. Cleared the CMOS, disconnected all
    > power removed memory.
    >
    > Nada nothing.
    >
    > Capacitors are all ok
    >
    > Am I missing something obvious or do I have to get incontact with Epox?
    > Thanks

    1. Advertising

  3. Guest

    No luck! The post code is immediately FF.

    The flashing process didn't indicate any errors but it seems to have
    gone bad. I wonder if it possible to just get a new bios from Epox?

  4. Guest

    PS I couldn't locate any fail safe jumper.

  5. venioo

    venioo Guest

    > No luck! The post code is immediately FF.
    >
    > The flashing process didn't indicate any errors but it seems to have
    > gone bad. I wonder if it possible to just get a new bios from Epox?

    Code FF means "Everything OK, system BOOT", doesn't it? Probably your OS
    boots correctly but you have no picture on the monitor. Try changing your
    graphic card and if it still won't go, just plug some old PCI graphic card.
    It should work. If it's the problem then it's quite similar to mine: code
    1d.

    venioo

  6. DaveL

    DaveL Guest

    According to the manual it's called JCLK and it's positioned between the ATX
    PSU connector and the chipset. Set it to the 1-2 position which is the two
    pins closest to the CPU.

    DaveL

    <> wrote in message
    > PS I couldn't locate any fail safe jumper.

  7. DaveL

    DaveL Guest

    https://www.epoxstore.com/Product_Detail.asp?Product_ID=1015

    You may also contact Epox support and maybe send in your board for
    reflashing. BTW, what files and versions did you use to flash? I have a
    feeling you made a mistake or fell victim to a pitfall.

    DaveL