    annoying.

    Regards

    Andreas
    Andreas Günther, Sep 14, 2004

  2. Andreas Günther

    Graham W Guest

    "Andreas Günther" <> wrote in message
    news:41475fbc$0$24813$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have the the epox 8RDA3+ board and it works fine. But from time to

    time
    > the PC freezes for a short period like 10 or 20 seconds. Than continues

    as
    > if nothing happened. It shouldn't go too hot, nor should I have some

    kind of
    > interrupt problems.
    >
    > Anyone has an idea what this can be? Normaly I would start the PC new if
    > this freezes occur but once I was on the phone as he went freezing and

    so I
    > realized he works again fine after some seconds. Even CDs burn to the

    end if
    > the freeze occurs but they have some errors after burning so it's kind

    of
    > annoying.

    Is something trying to access a non-existent network connection?

    Graham W, Sep 15, 2004

  3. Andreas Günther

    Painter Guest

    Check your fans especially on the video card for overheat

    Painter, Sep 15, 2004
  4. ....
    > Is something trying to access a non-existent network connection?

    don't think so but will check.

    thx.
    Andreas Günther, Sep 15, 2004
  5. "Painter" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 23:20:02 +0200, "Andreas Günther" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > Check your fans especially on the video card for overheat

    Ok, will check fan on the video card - the only fan I didn't check. :)

    Thx

    Andreas
    Andreas Günther, Sep 15, 2004
  6. Andreas Günther

    Painter Guest

    On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 21:49:32 +0200, "Andreas Günther" <>
    wrote:

    >"Painter" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 23:20:02 +0200, "Andreas Günther" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> Check your fans especially on the video card for overheat
    >>

    >Ok, will check fan on the video card - the only fan I didn't check. :)
    >
    >Thx
    >
    >Andreas

    I had the exact same problem would freeze for about 10-25 seconds
    during application or game use and I replaced the video card an all is
    well. Card was dying and sometimes would cause square pixels on the
    screen too and would freeze out of nowhere. Checked video card and fan
    was dead (not spinning) sometimes they spin barely a few rpms and
    sometimes they stop, could be intermittent revolutions.

    Anyhow the gpu or memory onboard the video card died, the heat took
    it's toll. Good luck!
    Painter, Sep 16, 2004
  7. Andreas Günther

    Ed Cheng Guest

    I have the similar problem. I had nail it down to the SATA controller. For
    my case, if I use the ATA drive, the system run very smooth and fast without
    any problem.

    I sent the motherboard to EPOX for RMA. It is about 1.5 months and I do not
    get any news from EPOX. I suspect this problem should be for all 8RDA3+
    motherboard, rather than a particular one.

    What kind of hard dish do you use?

    Thanks,
    Edmond

    Ed Cheng, Sep 16, 2004
  8. You are right it could be the SATA controller. Mostly I get the error if I
    access to this controller - and the problem got worst after I pluged one IDE
    drive with an adapter to the SATA.

    Hopefully something which can be solved via driver or flash update - the
    board I am now using is a replacement for my trashed 8RDA3.

    Thx

    Andreas

    Andreas Günther, Sep 18, 2004
  9. I realy hope its not the video card :)

    But will check.
    Andreas Günther, Sep 18, 2004
  10. Andreas Günther

    Ed Cheng Guest

    I updated latest BIOS from EPOX and SATA driver from Silicon Image and
    replaced two new SATA drivers before I sent the MB for RMA. And my MB was a
    new one at that time. That is why I suspect that all 8RDA3+ have the same
    problem.

    Edmond

    Ed Cheng, Sep 20, 2004