    PcGAmeR22 Guest

    is 80 degrees Cecilius safe for my 9400 gt
    i play games and temps sometimes go up to 8

    PcGAmeR22, Oct 27, 2011

  2. PcGAmeR22

    yukonron Guest

    yukonron;1314721 Wrote:
    > Yeah that's 176 degrees fahrenheit, meat cooks at 160, water boils a
    > 212. You really should look at a high performance fan or keep a fir
    > extinguisher handy.:D

    Did some more research on your 9400GT found this info.
    60C idle is a little bit high (should be 45 -50 about). The other loa
    temperatures are o.k. You should'nt have no real reason to think th
    load temps are bad before you hit 80C and up really.

    But have you tried downloading the EVGA precision utility or Riva Tune
    and see if the fan runs low speed = about 30%? This is a common proble
    with the later, compatible drivers. If you find out, that the fan ar
    running low? Crank it up to 50% fixed speed. A good load temp, ar
    between 65 and 70C.

    You can always download GPU Z, and set it to log the temperatures whil
    playing a game for like 30 minutes.
    Try cleaning your fan's with the canned air. You want to blow all of th
    dust out from behind the fan's sometimes you get a layer of dust buil
    up on the heatsinks. My system will shut down to protect itself if th
    temps get that high. I'm using a GeForce GT 430 and my temps are betwee
    40 and 47c.
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/product-geforce-gt-430-us.html
    I can play all of the latest games with no problem

    yukonron, Oct 28, 2011

  3. PcGAmeR22

    PcGAmeR22 Guest

    first of all 60 average is after playing a gam
    if i dont play games and when i first turn my pc on the temp is 42
    it goes up to 52 and stays 52 , when i play the game it keeps going u
    depending on the game im playing , when i turn the game off it drop
    back to 60 than slowly back to 5
    and i already have evga precision and im using it to watch the temps
    and second i cant control my fans speed , that option is not availabl
    for some reaso

    PcGAmeR22, Oct 28, 2011
  4. PcGAmeR22

    yukonron Guest

    PcGAmeR22;1314725 Wrote:
    > first of all 60 average is after playing a game
    > if i dont play games and when i first turn my pc on the temp is 42
    > it goes up to 52 and stays 52 , when i play the game it keeps going u
    > depending on the game im playing , when i turn the game off it drop
    > back to 60 than slowly back to 52
    > and i already have evga precision and im using it to watch the temps
    > and second i cant control my fans speed , that option is not availabl
    > for some reason

    Here are a couple of programs
    http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/nfo/
    My old GeForce had it's own control panel for fan speed's an
    overclocking but that was 8 years ag

    yukonron, Oct 29, 2011
  5. PcGAmeR22

    PcGAmeR22 Guest

    so this thing allows me to control the fan spee
    awesome

    PcGAmeR22, Oct 29, 2011
  6. PcGAmeR22

    PcGAmeR22 Guest

    and please one more thing
    just wanna ask u what are the safe overclock limits for my gpu
    the default setting is
    core clock 71
    shader clock 180
    memory clock 51

    PcGAmeR22, Nov 8, 2011
  7. PcGAmeR22

    Brave Burger Guest

    yukonron wrote:
    > PcGAmeR22;1314720 Wrote:
    >> is 80 degrees Cecilius safe for my 9400 gt
    >> i play games and temps sometimes go up to 80

    > Yeah that's 176 degrees fahrenheit, meat cooks at 160, water boils at
    > 212. You really should look at a high performance fan or keep a fire
    > extinguisher handy.:D

    No we are talking degrees Cecilius here, a rare and secret
    measuring scale that can not be discussed here in public ;o)

    Brave Burger, Jan 17, 2012