945P Neo does not detect sata hard disks if sata mode set to RAID

Discussion in 'MSI' started by coolbreeze, Oct 16, 2007.

  1. coolbreeze

    coolbreeze

    I have 3 Sata II HDD and BIOS Post will detect them if sata mode is set to AHCI but not if I set it to RAID. I’ve read that after installing the OS I won’t be able to change sata mode settings or with great difficulty. Trying to keep my options open I wonder since I’ve got this option in bios why do the hard drives disappear once I set them to raid. Since the mobo manual says I can’t use ich7r raid and via raid at the same time I set the via raid configuration to IDE instead of RAID but it does not change anything. I also have 2 dvd drives as master and slave on the blue primary IDE slot.

    With this configuration (AHCI sata mode) Post detects the following:

    Primary master and slave: the 2 dvd drives
    Third master: sata 2 hd (WD 320MB)
    Third slave: sata 2 hd (WD 250MB)
    Fourth master: sata 2 hd (Seagate 80MB)
    Fourth slave: none

    Fifth master and slave: none
    Sixth master and slave: none

    With sata mode set to RAID it only detects the dvd drives

    What do you think?

    coolbreeze, Oct 16, 2007