9cjs - how do I share my internet connection?

Discussion in 'Chaintech' started by PackRat2113, Nov 18, 2006.

  1. PackRat2113

    PackRat2113 Guest

    not sure what to do to share my internet connection with another
    computer...

    both are running windows xp

    i've already went into the bio in my main computer and enabled the
    realtec lan device

    how do i set this up?

    do i need a special cable?

    any help please. tia,

    PR2112

    --
    Hardware:
    Case: X-SuperAlien Aluminium Case with 500Watt Power Supply
    PackRat2113, Nov 18, 2006

  2. PackRat2113

    G Guest

    "PackRat2113" <> wrote in message
    > not sure what to do to share my internet connection with another
    > computer...
    >
    > both are running windows xp
    >
    > i've already went into the bio in my main computer and enabled the
    > realtec lan device
    >
    > how do i set this up?
    >
    > do i need a special cable?
    >
    > any help please. tia,
    >
    > PR2112
    >

    > --
    > Hardware:
    > Case: X-SuperAlien Aluminium Case with 500Watt Power Supply
    > Mobo: 9CJS Chaintech 875P w/cbox
    > CPU: Intel P4 3.4GHz Prescott
    > RAM: Corsair XMS TwinX 1024MB PC4400 2.5-4-4-8 DDR Memory
    > Cooling:Zalman Fanless Water Cooling RESERATOR 1 w/VGA Water Block
    > Hard Drive 1: Western Digital Caviar Serial ATA Hard Drive WD2500
    > Hard Drive 2: Western Digital Caviar Serial ATA Hard Drive WD2500
    > Digital Disk 1: Lite-On SOHW-1633S 16x DVD±RW drive
    > Digital Disk 2: Lite-On SOHW-1633S 16x DVD±RW drive
    > Digital Disk 3: Lite-On SOHW-1635S 16x DVD±RW drive

    You need to get an RJ45 cable which is "crossed wired"

    Connect up both pcs and switch them on.

    Run the network connection wizard from
    start/programs/accessories/communication

    It will talk you through the set up and create a floppy disc which you then
    run on the 2nd pc and thats it.
    G, Nov 19, 2006

  3. PackRat2113

    PackRat2113 Guest

    "G" <> wrote in news::

    > "PackRat2113" <> wrote in message
    >> not sure what to do to share my internet connection with another
    >> computer...
    >>
    >> both are running windows xp
    >>
    >> i've already went into the bio in my main computer and enabled the
    >> realtec lan device
    >>
    >> how do i set this up?
    >>
    >> do i need a special cable?
    >>
    >> any help please. tia,
    >>
    >> PR2112
    >>

    >> --
    >> Hardware:
    >> Case: X-SuperAlien Aluminium Case with 500Watt Power Supply
    >> Mobo: 9CJS Chaintech 875P w/cbox
    >> CPU: Intel P4 3.4GHz Prescott
    >> RAM: Corsair XMS TwinX 1024MB PC4400 2.5-4-4-8 DDR Memory
    >> Cooling:Zalman Fanless Water Cooling RESERATOR 1 w/VGA Water Block
    >> Hard Drive 1: Western Digital Caviar Serial ATA Hard Drive WD2500
    >> Hard Drive 2: Western Digital Caviar Serial ATA Hard Drive WD2500
    >> Digital Disk 1: Lite-On SOHW-1633S 16x DVD±RW drive
    >> Digital Disk 2: Lite-On SOHW-1633S 16x DVD±RW drive
    >> Digital Disk 3: Lite-On SOHW-1635S 16x DVD±RW drive

    > You need to get an RJ45 cable which is "crossed wired"
    >
    > Connect up both pcs and switch them on.
    >
    > Run the network connection wizard from
    > start/programs/accessories/communication
    >
    > It will talk you through the set up and create a floppy disc which you
    > then run on the 2nd pc and thats it.

    cool,... i was hoping that it was something that simple.

    thank you very much for your reply,

    PR2113.

    PackRat2113, Nov 19, 2006
  4. PackRat2113

    PackRat2113 Guest

    "G" <> wrote in news::

    > "PackRat2113" <> wrote in message
    >> not sure what to do to share my internet connection with another
    >> computer...
    >>
    >> both are running windows xp
    >>
    >> i've already went into the bio in my main computer and enabled the
    >> realtec lan device
    >>
    >> how do i set this up?
    >>
    >> do i need a special cable?
    >>
    >> any help please. tia,
    >>
    >> PR2112
    >>

    >> --
    >> Hardware:
    >> Case: X-SuperAlien Aluminium Case with 500Watt Power Supply
    >> Mobo: 9CJS Chaintech 875P w/cbox
    >> CPU: Intel P4 3.4GHz Prescott
    >> RAM: Corsair XMS TwinX 1024MB PC4400 2.5-4-4-8 DDR Memory
    >> Cooling:Zalman Fanless Water Cooling RESERATOR 1 w/VGA Water Block
    >> Hard Drive 1: Western Digital Caviar Serial ATA Hard Drive WD2500
    >> Hard Drive 2: Western Digital Caviar Serial ATA Hard Drive WD2500
    >> Digital Disk 1: Lite-On SOHW-1633S 16x DVD±RW drive
    >> Digital Disk 2: Lite-On SOHW-1633S 16x DVD±RW drive
    >> Digital Disk 3: Lite-On SOHW-1635S 16x DVD±RW drive

    > You need to get an RJ45 cable which is "crossed wired"
    >
    > Connect up both pcs and switch them on.
    >
    > Run the network connection wizard from
    > start/programs/accessories/communication
    >
    > It will talk you through the set up and create a floppy disc which you
    > then run on the 2nd pc and thats it.

    oh, hey, does it matter which computer the "crossed" end goes to?

    tia,

    PR2113.

    PackRat2113, Nov 19, 2006
  5. PackRat2113

    > "G" <> wrote in news::
    >

    >> "PackRat2113" <> wrote in message
    >>> not sure what to do to share my internet connection with another
    >>> computer...
    >>>
    >>> both are running windows xp
    >>>
    >>> i've already went into the bio in my main computer and enabled the
    >>> realtec lan device
    >>>
    >>> how do i set this up?
    >>>
    >>> do i need a special cable?
    >>>
    >>> any help please. tia,
    >>>
    >>> PR2112
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> Hardware:
    >>> Case: X-SuperAlien Aluminium Case with 500Watt Power Supply
    >>> Mobo: 9CJS Chaintech 875P w/cbox
    >>> CPU: Intel P4 3.4GHz Prescott
    >>> RAM: Corsair XMS TwinX 1024MB PC4400 2.5-4-4-8 DDR Memory
    >>> Cooling:Zalman Fanless Water Cooling RESERATOR 1 w/VGA Water Block
    >>> Hard Drive 1: Western Digital Caviar Serial ATA Hard Drive WD2500
    >>> Hard Drive 2: Western Digital Caviar Serial ATA Hard Drive WD2500
    >>> Digital Disk 1: Lite-On SOHW-1633S 16x DVD±RW drive
    >>> Digital Disk 2: Lite-On SOHW-1633S 16x DVD±RW drive
    >>> Digital Disk 3: Lite-On SOHW-1635S 16x DVD±RW drive

    >> You need to get an RJ45 cable which is "crossed wired"
    >>
    >> Connect up both pcs and switch them on.
    >>
    >> Run the network connection wizard from
    >> start/programs/accessories/communication
    >>
    >> It will talk you through the set up and create a floppy disc which you
    >> then run on the 2nd pc and thats it.
    >>

    > oh, hey, does it matter which computer the "crossed" end goes to?
    >
    > tia,
    >
    > PR2113.
    >

    > --
    > Hardware:
    > Case: X-SuperAlien Aluminium Case with 500Watt Power Supply
    > Mobo: 9CJS Chaintech 875P w/cbox
    > CPU: Intel P4 3.4GHz Prescott
    > RAM: Corsair XMS TwinX 1024MB PC4400 2.5-4-4-8 DDR Memory
    > Cooling:Zalman Fanless Water Cooling RESERATOR 1 w/VGA Water Block
    > Hard Drive 1: Western Digital Caviar Serial ATA Hard Drive WD2500
    > Hard Drive 2: Western Digital Caviar Serial ATA Hard Drive WD2500
    > Digital Disk 1: Lite-On SOHW-1633S 16x DVD±RW drive
    > Digital Disk 2: Lite-On SOHW-1633S 16x DVD±RW drive
    > Digital Disk 3: Lite-On SOHW-1635S 16x DVD±RW drive

    The cable itself is cross wired not one end so you can connect it up either
    way!
    G, Nov 20, 2006
  6. PackRat2113

    PackRat2113 Guest

    "G" <> wrote in news::

    > "PackRat2113" <> wrote in message
    >> "G" <> wrote in news::
    >>

    >>> "PackRat2113" <> wrote in message

    >>> You need to get an RJ45 cable which is "crossed wired"
    >>>
    >>> Connect up both pcs and switch them on.
    >>>
    >>> Run the network connection wizard from
    >>> start/programs/accessories/communication
    >>>
    >>> It will talk you through the set up and create a floppy disc which
    >>> you then run on the 2nd pc and thats it.
    >>>

    >> oh, hey, does it matter which computer the "crossed" end goes to?
    >>
    >> tia,
    >>
    >> PR2113.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Hardware:
    >> Case: X-SuperAlien Aluminium Case with 500Watt Power Supply
    >> Mobo: 9CJS Chaintech 875P w/cbox
    >> CPU: Intel P4 3.4GHz Prescott
    >> RAM: Corsair XMS TwinX 1024MB PC4400 2.5-4-4-8 DDR Memory
    >> Cooling:Zalman Fanless Water Cooling RESERATOR 1 w/VGA Water Block
    >> Hard Drive 1: Western Digital Caviar Serial ATA Hard Drive WD2500
    >> Hard Drive 2: Western Digital Caviar Serial ATA Hard Drive WD2500
    >> Digital Disk 1: Lite-On SOHW-1633S 16x DVD±RW drive
    >> Digital Disk 2: Lite-On SOHW-1633S 16x DVD±RW drive
    >> Digital Disk 3: Lite-On SOHW-1635S 16x DVD±RW drive

    > The cable itself is cross wired not one end so you can connect it up
    > either way!

    alright thanks.

    PackRat2113, Nov 21, 2006