9CJS - Intel Inf File & BIOS Update

Discussion in 'Chaintech' started by Jeff Gaines, Jul 16, 2004.

  1. Jeff Gaines

    Jeff Gaines Guest

    I have just built a PC around this board which seems fine.

    I checked the Chaintech site for updates, it must be the slowest
    site in the world?

    I found a new Intel inf file - version 6.0.1.1002, only concern
    is the readme says:

    * Target Chipset#: Intel(R) E7520 & Intel(R) 915G/P/GV

    I also checked the Intel site, they have the same version. The
    chipset on this board is Intel 875p so is this the right inf
    file?

    The original version on the CD is 5.00.1008 according to the
    readme, it shows as 5.00.1012 when it installs and the readme
    file calls it:

    * Release: Production Candidate

    sounds a bit beta to me?

    On attempting to install both setup progs say they can't find
    'usbehci.sys' - and I can't find it either! - so something is
    wrong.

    I have also downloaded a bios shown as version 6 and named
    9cjs0225.exe, which extracts to the same name with a .bin
    extension. Only problem is I can't find the flash program on the
    Chaintech site, Alt+F2 doesn't work and I don't know if this
    BIOS is more up to date than the one that's installed - which
    has a date of '09/29/03' - I don't know if that's the order they
    do dates in Taiwan?

    What sort of temperature should I expect the CPU to run at? It's
    a P4e (Prescott) 3 GHz and according to the BIOS setup screen
    it's running at 74 degrees, that seems very hot? All settings
    are normal and it's not over clocked.

    Any pointers would be appreciated.

    --
    Jeff Gaines - Damerham Hampshire UK
    Please reply to Newsgroup, email address is invalid.
     
    Jeff Gaines, Jul 16, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Jeff Gaines

    Lazarus Guest

    If you go to the download page http://www.chaintechusa.com/tw/eng/Download/
    you will see "How can I flash my bios"

    It will download a WORD file telling you how to do it by floppy and without
    using alt/f2

    NOTE: there is a spelling mistake used in the name of the utility ...they
    call it asdflash at times but it IS called awdflash.exe

    None of the files on chaintechs site will d/l for me at the moment!!!!!

    They had to e mail me the last bios!!!


    "Lazarus" <> wrote in message
    news:cdgsit$296$...
    > Copy this to a system floppy with your bios file and go from there!
    >
    >
    >
    > "Jeff Gaines" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    > >
    > > I have just built a PC around this board which seems fine.
    > >
    > > I checked the Chaintech site for updates, it must be the slowest
    > > site in the world?
    > >
    > > I found a new Intel inf file - version 6.0.1.1002, only concern
    > > is the readme says:
    > >
    > > * Target Chipset#: Intel(R) E7520 & Intel(R) 915G/P/GV
    > >
    > > I also checked the Intel site, they have the same version. The
    > > chipset on this board is Intel 875p so is this the right inf
    > > file?
    > >
    > > The original version on the CD is 5.00.1008 according to the
    > > readme, it shows as 5.00.1012 when it installs and the readme
    > > file calls it:
    > >
    > > * Release: Production Candidate
    > >
    > > sounds a bit beta to me?
    > >
    > > On attempting to install both setup progs say they can't find
    > > 'usbehci.sys' - and I can't find it either! - so something is
    > > wrong.
    > >
    > > I have also downloaded a bios shown as version 6 and named
    > > 9cjs0225.exe, which extracts to the same name with a .bin
    > > extension. Only problem is I can't find the flash program on the
    > > Chaintech site, Alt+F2 doesn't work and I don't know if this
    > > BIOS is more up to date than the one that's installed - which
    > > has a date of '09/29/03' - I don't know if that's the order they
    > > do dates in Taiwan?
    > >
    > > What sort of temperature should I expect the CPU to run at? It's
    > > a P4e (Prescott) 3 GHz and according to the BIOS setup screen
    > > it's running at 74 degrees, that seems very hot? All settings
    > > are normal and it's not over clocked.
    > >
    > > Any pointers would be appreciated.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Jeff Gaines - Damerham Hampshire UK
    > > Please reply to Newsgroup, email address is invalid.
    > >

    >
    >
    >
     
    Lazarus, Jul 19, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Jeff Gaines

    Jeff Gaines Guest

    On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 16:39:13 +0000 (UTC), "Lazarus"
    <> wrote:

    >If you go to the download page http://www.chaintechusa.com/tw/eng/Download/
    >you will see "How can I flash my bios"
    >
    >It will download a WORD file telling you how to do it by floppy and without
    >using alt/f2
    >
    >NOTE: there is a spelling mistake used in the name of the utility ...they
    >call it asdflash at times but it IS called awdflash.exe
    >
    >None of the files on chaintechs site will d/l for me at the moment!!!!!
    >
    >They had to e mail me the last bios!!!
    >
    >
    >"Lazarus" <> wrote in message
    >news:cdgsit$296$...
    >> Copy this to a system floppy with your bios file and go from there!
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> "Jeff Gaines" <> wrote in message
    >> news:...
    >> >
    >> > I have just built a PC around this board which seems fine.
    >> >
    >> > I checked the Chaintech site for updates, it must be the slowest
    >> > site in the world?
    >> >
    >> > I found a new Intel inf file - version 6.0.1.1002, only concern
    >> > is the readme says:
    >> >
    >> > * Target Chipset#: Intel(R) E7520 & Intel(R) 915G/P/GV
    >> >
    >> > I also checked the Intel site, they have the same version. The
    >> > chipset on this board is Intel 875p so is this the right inf
    >> > file?
    >> >
    >> > The original version on the CD is 5.00.1008 according to the
    >> > readme, it shows as 5.00.1012 when it installs and the readme
    >> > file calls it:
    >> >
    >> > * Release: Production Candidate
    >> >
    >> > sounds a bit beta to me?
    >> >
    >> > On attempting to install both setup progs say they can't find
    >> > 'usbehci.sys' - and I can't find it either! - so something is
    >> > wrong.
    >> >
    >> > I have also downloaded a bios shown as version 6 and named
    >> > 9cjs0225.exe, which extracts to the same name with a .bin
    >> > extension. Only problem is I can't find the flash program on the
    >> > Chaintech site, Alt+F2 doesn't work and I don't know if this
    >> > BIOS is more up to date than the one that's installed - which
    >> > has a date of '09/29/03' - I don't know if that's the order they
    >> > do dates in Taiwan?
    >> >
    >> > What sort of temperature should I expect the CPU to run at? It's
    >> > a P4e (Prescott) 3 GHz and according to the BIOS setup screen
    >> > it's running at 74 degrees, that seems very hot? All settings
    >> > are normal and it's not over clocked.
    >> >
    >> > Any pointers would be appreciated.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Jeff Gaines - Damerham Hampshire UK
    >> > Please reply to Newsgroup, email address is invalid.
    >> >


    They just emailed me the flash program and the BIOS as well!

    I guess Taiwan is connected to the mainland by a piece of damp
    string. Since it is probably the most important country in the
    world for PC kit it might be nice if they upgraded, perhaps to
    copper wire?

    I found Alt/F2 in the end. I have an MS keyboard that turns the
    F keys off by default (you can then use them for other functions
    in various progs). What I had to do was turn on the PC, wait for
    it to start booting, hit the 'F Lock' key and then find Alt &
    F2, I did manage in the end.

    Thanks for your reply.

    --
    Jeff Gaines - Damerham Hampshire UK
    Please reply to Newsgroup, email address is invalid.
     
    Jeff Gaines, Jul 19, 2004
    #3
  4. Jeff Gaines

    Nige Guest

    In alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech, Jeff Gaines wrote:

    >They just emailed me the flash program and the BIOS as well!


    How did you get them to do that?


    --
    Nigel Mercier
     
    Nige, Aug 18, 2004
    #4
  5. Jeff Gaines

    Lazarus Guest

    He only had to do that at a time when the chaintech site wasnt working.

    They have now fixed everything and you now get full download speed and a
    much quicker response on their site.

    From here in the uk anyway

    So the latest bios is version 6 and you can get it here

    http://www.chaintech.com.tw/tw/download/9XMB/9cjs0225.exe


    (right click and save target as.......)


    "Nige" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > In alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech, Jeff Gaines wrote:
    >
    > >They just emailed me the flash program and the BIOS as well!

    >
    > How did you get them to do that?
    >
    >
    > --
    > Nigel Mercier
     
    Lazarus, Aug 18, 2004
    #5
  6. Jeff Gaines

    Ugly Mugly Guest

    Lazarus wrote:
    > He only had to do that at a time when the chaintech site wasnt
    > working.
    >
    > They have now fixed everything and you now get full download speed
    > and a much quicker response on their site.
    >
    > From here in the uk anyway
    >


    -snip-

    From here in the US, download speeds are terrible. The fastest I get is 18k,
    just a little over 3 times dialup. I have Cable, and usually get 3mbs
    download speed.
     
    Ugly Mugly, Aug 18, 2004
    #6
  7. Jeff Gaines

    Lazarus Guest

    ah.......I use dial up!!! So I get a full 5k a sec like I should

    still it used to be a lot worse....like 800bps and worse!!!!!!!

    I waited HOURS at one time for a 2mb file!

    If anyone cant get the files leave your email here and I will email you
    them....spam trap your email of course


    "Ugly Mugly" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >
    > Lazarus wrote:
    > > He only had to do that at a time when the chaintech site wasnt
    > > working.
    > >
    > > They have now fixed everything and you now get full download speed
    > > and a much quicker response on their site.
    > >
    > > From here in the uk anyway
    > >

    >
    > -snip-
    >
    > From here in the US, download speeds are terrible. The fastest I get is

    18k,
    > just a little over 3 times dialup. I have Cable, and usually get 3mbs
    > download speed.
    >
    >
    >
     
    Lazarus, Aug 18, 2004
    #7
  8. Jeff Gaines

    Ugly Mugly Guest

    That is so cool. I don't need them, but your offer is really awesome. :eek:)


    I love it when people help people.


    Lazarus wrote:
    > ah.......I use dial up!!! So I get a full 5k a sec like I should
    >
    > still it used to be a lot worse....like 800bps and worse!!!!!!!
    >
    > I waited HOURS at one time for a 2mb file!
    >
    > If anyone cant get the files leave your email here and I will email
    > you them....spam trap your email of course
    >
    >
    > "Ugly Mugly" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >>
    >> Lazarus wrote:
    >>> He only had to do that at a time when the chaintech site wasnt
    >>> working.
    >>>
    >>> They have now fixed everything and you now get full download speed
    >>> and a much quicker response on their site.
    >>>
    >>> From here in the uk anyway
    >>>

    >>
    >> -snip-
    >>
    >> From here in the US, download speeds are terrible. The fastest I get
    >> is 18k, just a little over 3 times dialup. I have Cable, and usually
    >> get 3mbs download speed.
     
    Ugly Mugly, Aug 18, 2004
    #8
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Heimlich

    Intel INF File?

    Heimlich, Jan 7, 2004, in forum: Abit
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    690
  2. TomG

    Ping TomG-Intel INF File

    TomG, Jan 9, 2004, in forum: Abit
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    266
    DesertEd
    May 8, 2006
  3. DesertEd

    Ping TOMG....Intel Inf File

    DesertEd, Jan 8, 2004, in forum: Abit
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    250
  4. Steve Hoffmann
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    325
    Steve Hoffmann
    Nov 30, 2003
  5. Glitch
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    356
    Richard Dower
    Aug 24, 2004
Loading...

Share This Page