A bit OT: Wireless computer keyboards

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Roger Mills, Dec 29, 2010.

  1. Roger Mills

    Roger Mills Guest

    I use a laptop as my main home computer, but like a full size keyboard -
    so use a wireless jobbie made by Targa GmbH and sold in the UK by Lidl
    under the Silver Crest brand.

    I've had this keyboard for nearly a year and, a couple of days ago, it
    suddenly stopped working - in the middle of typing a sentence! A
    wireless mouse is part of the same setup (both talking to the same USB
    dongle) and the mouse still worked ok but the keyboard was completely
    dead. I checked the batteries, which were ok - fitted some news ones
    just in case - still nothing.

    Since the thing has a 3-year warranty, I rang the Silver Crest/Targa
    helpline (London number, but sounded like a German who answered) for advice.

    They said that the keyboard probably needed resetting, and to remove the
    batteries for 12 hours and then replace them and try again. My reaction
    was a bit like Naaman's (in the Bible) when told to bathe 7 times in the
    Jordan to cure his leprosy. Anyway, what the hell - I decided to give it
    a go. When I put the batteries back in 12 hours later - blow me, the
    think burst into life again - and I'm using it to type this.

    Has anyone got any clues as to what was wrong with it, and why removing
    power for 12 hours fixed it? Could I have speeded up the process by
    shorting the battery connections? If this is a common problem, shouldn't
    the makers fit a re-set button of some sort, and refer to it in the user
    manual?
    --
    Cheers,
    Roger
    Roger Mills, Dec 29, 2010

  2. Roger Mills

    jgharston Guest

    Roger Mills wrote:
    > Has anyone got any clues as to what was wrong with it, and why removing
    > power for 12 hours fixed it? Could I have speeded up the process by
    > shorting the battery connections? If this is a common problem, shouldn't
    > the makers fit a re-set button of some sort, and refer to it in the user
    > manual?

    The keyboard crashed and needed power-cycling. 12 hours seems
    excessive
    but it's probably to absolutely utterly ensure all the capacitors have
    discharged. My DigiBox recommends five minutes. Yes, it should really
    have a reset button on it.

    It's depressing how much consumer equipment is so highly processorised
    that they are so prone to this now. I got used to my TV crashing, but
    my *telephone* crashed some months ago.

    JGH
    jgharston, Dec 29, 2010

  3. Roger Mills

    BillW50 Guest

    In news:,
    Roger Mills typed on Wed, 29 Dec 2010 13:13:18 +0000:
    > I use a laptop as my main home computer, but like a full size
    > keyboard - so use a wireless jobbie made by Targa GmbH and sold in the
    > UK by Lidl
    > under the Silver Crest brand.
    >
    > I've had this keyboard for nearly a year and, a couple of days ago, it
    > suddenly stopped working - in the middle of typing a sentence! A
    > wireless mouse is part of the same setup (both talking to the same USB
    > dongle) and the mouse still worked ok but the keyboard was completely
    > dead. I checked the batteries, which were ok - fitted some news ones
    > just in case - still nothing.
    >
    > Since the thing has a 3-year warranty, I rang the Silver Crest/Targa
    > helpline (London number, but sounded like a German who answered) for
    > advice.
    > They said that the keyboard probably needed resetting, and to remove
    > the batteries for 12 hours and then replace them and try again. My
    > reaction was a bit like Naaman's (in the Bible) when told to bathe 7
    > times in the Jordan to cure his leprosy. Anyway, what the hell - I
    > decided to give it a go. When I put the batteries back in 12 hours
    > later - blow me, the think burst into life again - and I'm using it to
    > type this.
    >
    > Has anyone got any clues as to what was wrong with it, and why
    > removing power for 12 hours fixed it? Could I have speeded up the
    > process by shorting the battery connections? If this is a common
    > problem, shouldn't the makers fit a re-set button of some sort, and
    > refer to it in the user manual?

    Hi Roger! The majority of wireless keyboard/mouse combos does have a
    reset. Either on the dongle or on the keyboard and mouse.Although a lot
    of them I have seen, these are not really a reset, but all it does is to
    scan to the next clear channel. And it is sometimes labeled as Connect.

    And while they told you to leave the batteries out for 12 hours, I
    seriously doubt it needed to be anywhere that long. This Micro
    Innovations KB985W only needs to be disconnected for half a second and
    all is well again for example. Maybe yours won't reset that fast, but I
    seriously doubt it really needs 12 hours. ;-)

    Why do you sometimes need to reset them? Oh lots of reasons... firmware,
    hardware, transmit, and receive glitches to name a few.

    --
    Bill
    Gateway M465e ('06 era) - Centrino Duo 1.83G - 2GB - Windows XP SP3
    BillW50, Dec 29, 2010
  4. Roger Mills

    pete Guest

    On Wed, 29 Dec 2010 13:13:18 +0000, Roger Mills wrote:
    > I use a laptop as my main home computer, but like a full size keyboard -
    > so use a wireless jobbie made by Targa GmbH and sold in the UK by Lidl
    > under the Silver Crest brand.
    >
    > I've had this keyboard for nearly a year and, a couple of days ago, it
    > suddenly stopped working - in the middle of typing a sentence! A
    > wireless mouse is part of the same setup (both talking to the same USB
    > dongle) and the mouse still worked ok but the keyboard was completely
    > dead. I checked the batteries, which were ok - fitted some news ones
    > just in case - still nothing.
    >
    > Since the thing has a 3-year warranty, I rang the Silver Crest/Targa
    > helpline (London number, but sounded like a German who answered) for advice.
    >
    > They said that the keyboard probably needed resetting, and to remove the
    > batteries for 12 hours and then replace them and try again. My reaction
    > was a bit like Naaman's (in the Bible) when told to bathe 7 times in the
    > Jordan to cure his leprosy. Anyway, what the hell - I decided to give it
    > a go. When I put the batteries back in 12 hours later - blow me, the
    > think burst into life again - and I'm using it to type this.
    >
    > Has anyone got any clues as to what was wrong with it, and why removing
    > power for 12 hours fixed it? Could I have speeded up the process by
    > shorting the battery connections? If this is a common problem, shouldn't
    > the makers fit a re-set button of some sort, and refer to it in the user
    > manual?

    Congratulations! You have just won the 2010 Usenet prize for the most
    obscure reference - treat yourself to a beer.
    As to why the support person told you to do that, I can think of 2
    reasons.

    1.) They had just started a 12 hour shift and wanted to get you off
    the line ASAP, with no possibility of taking your call when/if
    you called back to say that the remedy hadn't worked.
    2.) Like the prisoner teaching the horse to sing, there was a chance
    it might work. Luckily it did (though as others have pointed
    out, a shorter time (5 minutes? 10 seconds?) may have been enough.

    --
    http://thisreallyismyhost.99k.org/292010121249015020.php
    pete, Dec 29, 2010
  5. Roger Mills

    Roger Mills Guest

    On 29/12/2010 14:33, pete wrote:
    > On Wed, 29 Dec 2010 13:13:18 +0000, Roger Mills wrote:
    >> I use a laptop as my main home computer, but like a full size keyboard -
    >> so use a wireless jobbie made by Targa GmbH and sold in the UK by Lidl
    >> under the Silver Crest brand.
    >>
    >> I've had this keyboard for nearly a year and, a couple of days ago, it
    >> suddenly stopped working - in the middle of typing a sentence! A
    >> wireless mouse is part of the same setup (both talking to the same USB
    >> dongle) and the mouse still worked ok but the keyboard was completely
    >> dead. I checked the batteries, which were ok - fitted some news ones
    >> just in case - still nothing.

    etc.

    > Congratulations! You have just won the 2010 Usenet prize for the most
    > obscure reference - treat yourself to a beer.

    The title does say "A bit OT" - what's your problem?

    > As to why the support person told you to do that, I can think of 2
    > reasons.
    >
    > 1.) They had just started a 12 hour shift and wanted to get you off
    > the line ASAP, with no possibility of taking your call when/if
    > you called back to say that the remedy hadn't worked.
    > 2.) Like the prisoner teaching the horse to sing, there was a chance
    > it might work. Luckily it did (though as others have pointed
    > out, a shorter time (5 minutes? 10 seconds?) may have been enough.

    I don't know how long it really took - but I went along with the 12
    hours (not really expecting it to work!) so that they couldn't say that
    I hadn't left it long enough when I rang back.

    10 seconds was definitely *not* long enough because the batteries were
    out for longer than that when I was checking them.
    --
    Cheers,
    Roger
    Roger Mills, Dec 29, 2010
  6. Roger Mills

    Adrian Guest

    Roger Mills <> gurgled happily, sounding much like
    they were saying:

    > I use a laptop as my main home computer, but like a full size keyboard -
    > so use a wireless jobbie made by Targa GmbH and sold in the UK by Lidl
    > under the Silver Crest brand.
    >
    > I've had this keyboard for nearly a year and, a couple of days ago, it
    > suddenly stopped working - in the middle of typing a sentence! A
    > wireless mouse is part of the same setup (both talking to the same USB
    > dongle)

    Bluetooth?

    Does the laptop have internal BT?

    > If this is a common problem, shouldn't the makers fit a re-set button
    > of some sort

    I've never come across a wireless mouse/keyboard that didn't have.

    > and refer to it in the user manual?

    <wipes tear of laughter away>

    Seriously - "They do that sometimes". It's one of the reasons I hate them
    so much. Give me wired. Predictable stuff, wire. I had a Bluetooth
    keyboard the other day that was beyond even just a reset (reputable - a
    Logitech), and needed to be de-paired from the PC and re-added.

    Check for firmware and driver updates for the BT as well as keyboard -
    they can make all the difference.
    Adrian, Dec 29, 2010
  7. Roger Mills

    Roger Mills Guest

    On 29/12/2010 19:39, Adrian wrote:
    > Roger Mills<> gurgled happily, sounding much like
    > they were saying:
    >
    >> I use a laptop as my main home computer, but like a full size keyboard -
    >> so use a wireless jobbie made by Targa GmbH and sold in the UK by Lidl
    >> under the Silver Crest brand.
    >>
    >> I've had this keyboard for nearly a year and, a couple of days ago, it
    >> suddenly stopped working - in the middle of typing a sentence! A
    >> wireless mouse is part of the same setup (both talking to the same USB
    >> dongle)

    > Bluetooth?

    Not as far as I know - the bit that plugs into the computer is described
    as a "Miniature USB receiver", and is marked 2.4GHz.

    > Does the laptop have internal BT?

    Yes, but I've never succeeded in getting it to talk to a
    bluetooth-enabled mobile phone.

    >> If this is a common problem, shouldn't the makers fit a re-set button
    >> of some sort

    > I've never come across a wireless mouse/keyboard that didn't have.

    Well my keyboard doesn't - not even a hole to poke a paperclip into, and
    no on/off switch (but the mouse *does* have an on/off switch - but no
    other means of resetting it)

    > Seriously - "They do that sometimes". It's one of the reasons I hate them
    > so much. Give me wired. Predictable stuff, wire. I had a Bluetooth
    > keyboard the other day that was beyond even just a reset (reputable - a
    > Logitech), and needed to be de-paired from the PC and re-added.
    >
    > Check for firmware and driver updates for the BT as well as keyboard -
    > they can make all the difference.

    But I don't think it uses BT!
    --
    Cheers,
    Roger
    Roger Mills, Dec 29, 2010
  8. Roger Mills

    Adrian Guest

    Roger Mills <> gurgled happily, sounding much like
    they were saying:

    >> Bluetooth?

    > Not as far as I know - the bit that plugs into the computer is described
    > as a "Miniature USB receiver", and is marked 2.4GHz.

    Eww. I thought (hoped) that had completely died out - but clearly not.
    Lidl, y'say? <fx: prejudices, reinforcing>

    >> Does the laptop have internal BT?

    > Yes, but I've never succeeded in getting it to talk to a
    > bluetooth-enabled mobile phone.

    It's worth looking into firmware upgrades - a lot of Dell laptops ship
    with BT 2.0 firmware, with 2.1 downloadable. See if you can identify what
    chipset it's got, and which set of drivers will work - there's pretty
    much three. Tosh, CSR & Broadcom.
    Adrian, Dec 29, 2010
  9. Roger Mills

    pete Guest

    On Wed, 29 Dec 2010 17:10:44 +0000, Roger Mills wrote:
    > On 29/12/2010 14:33, pete wrote:
    >> On Wed, 29 Dec 2010 13:13:18 +0000, Roger Mills wrote:
    >>> I use a laptop as my main home computer, but like a full size keyboard -
    >>> so use a wireless jobbie made by Targa GmbH and sold in the UK by Lidl
    >>> under the Silver Crest brand.
    >>>
    >>> I've had this keyboard for nearly a year and, a couple of days ago, it
    >>> suddenly stopped working - in the middle of typing a sentence! A
    >>> wireless mouse is part of the same setup (both talking to the same USB
    >>> dongle) and the mouse still worked ok but the keyboard was completely
    >>> dead. I checked the batteries, which were ok - fitted some news ones
    >>> just in case - still nothing.

    > etc.
    >>
    >> Congratulations! You have just won the 2010 Usenet prize for the most
    >> obscure reference - treat yourself to a beer.

    > The title does say "A bit OT" - what's your problem?

    Well, one problem I have is lack of lottery-winning numbers. Another
    would be the weather, followed by the government, nothing good on TV
    and to top it off, I ate too much over christmas.
    Oh, you seem to think I have a problem with your post. Errrr .... no
    I have no idea why you'd be so defensive, given my compliment about
    your biblical reference (what did you think I meant?).

    http://thisreallyismyhost.99k.org/2920101216483113477.php
    pete, Dec 29, 2010
  10. Roger Mills

    D.M.Chapman Guest

    In article <>,
    Adrian <> wrote:
    >Roger Mills <> gurgled happily, sounding much like
    >they were saying:
    >
    >>> Bluetooth?

    >> Not as far as I know - the bit that plugs into the computer is described
    >> as a "Miniature USB receiver", and is marked 2.4GHz.

    >Eww. I thought (hoped) that had completely died out - but clearly not.
    >Lidl, y'say? <fx: prejudices, reinforcing>

    Loads use a seperate receiver, not bluetooth. Certainly MS and Logitech
    do.

    Pretty much any machine will understand a usb mouse so they just appear
    as that. Much more effort to get a bluetooth mouse working. Ok, it just
    works on a mac, but windows Vista? (might do), XP (hah!) Linux? (what
    particular flavour?)...

    Also gets complicated if you want to be able to wake the machine from the
    mouse/keyboard - again, replicating a usb device avoids those issues (largely)

    I seem to recall some issue about response/pairing time as well, but can't
    remember the problem now :)

    Darren - on a mac, using bluetooth ;-)
    D.M.Chapman, Dec 30, 2010
  11. Roger Mills

    harry Guest

    On Dec 29, 1:13 pm, Roger Mills <> wrote:
    > I use a laptop as my main home computer, but like a full size keyboard -
    > so use a wireless jobbie made by Targa GmbH and sold in the UK by Lidl
    > under the Silver Crest brand.
    >
    > I've had this keyboard for nearly a year and, a couple of days ago, it
    > suddenly stopped working - in the middle of typing a sentence! A
    > wireless mouse is part of the same setup (both talking to the same USB
    > dongle) and the mouse still worked ok but the keyboard was completely
    > dead. I checked the batteries, which were ok - fitted some news ones
    > just in case - still nothing.
    >
    > Since the thing has a 3-year warranty, I rang the Silver Crest/Targa
    > helpline (London number, but sounded like a German who answered) for advice.
    >
    > They said that the keyboard probably needed resetting, and to remove the
    > batteries for 12 hours and then replace them and try again. My reaction
    > was a bit like Naaman's (in the Bible) when told to bathe 7 times in the
    > Jordan to cure his leprosy. Anyway, what the hell - I decided to give it
    > a go. When I put the batteries back in 12 hours later - blow me, the
    > think burst into life again - and I'm using it to type this.
    >
    > Has anyone got any clues as to what was wrong with it, and why removing
    > power for 12 hours fixed it? Could I have speeded up the process by
    > shorting the battery connections? If this is a common problem, shouldn't
    > the makers fit a re-set button of some sort, and refer to it in the user
    > manual?
    > --
    > Cheers,
    > Roger
    > ____________
    > Please reply to Newsgroup. Whilst email address is valid, it is seldom
    > checked.

    I too have wireless mouse and keyboard. Before purchase I tested on
    in the shop (PC world). It had a range of at least six meters. However
    at home it won't work at a range of more than a meter. Anyone know
    why?
    Just get the usual blank looks at PC world when I asked them.

    Mine also crashes out for unknown reasons from time to time but both
    have connect buttons. Works instantly.
    harry, Dec 30, 2010
  12. D.M.Chapman wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > Adrian <> wrote:
    >> Roger Mills <> gurgled happily, sounding much like
    >> they were saying:

    >>> Not as far as I know - the bit that plugs into the computer is described
    >>> as a "Miniature USB receiver", and is marked 2.4GHz.

    >> Eww. I thought (hoped) that had completely died out - but clearly not.
    >> Lidl, y'say? <fx: prejudices, reinforcing>

    > Loads use a seperate receiver, not bluetooth. Certainly MS and Logitech
    > do.
    >
    > Pretty much any machine will understand a usb mouse so they just appear
    > as that. Much more effort to get a bluetooth mouse working. Ok, it just
    > works on a mac, but windows Vista? (might do), XP (hah!) Linux? (what
    > particular flavour?)...

    Many boards will not boot correctly without something that appears to be
    a keyboard plugged into at least a USB port.

    > Also gets complicated if you want to be able to wake the machine from the
    > mouse/keyboard - again, replicating a usb device avoids those issues (largely)

    yup.

    > I seem to recall some issue about response/pairing time as well, but can't
    > remember the problem now :)
    >
    > Darren - on a mac, using bluetooth ;-)

    More money, than sense, eh?

    The Natural Philosopher, Dec 30, 2010
  13. harry wrote:
    > On Dec 29, 1:13 pm, Roger Mills <> wrote:
    >> I use a laptop as my main home computer, but like a full size keyboard -
    >> so use a wireless jobbie made by Targa GmbH and sold in the UK by Lidl
    >> under the Silver Crest brand.
    >>
    >> I've had this keyboard for nearly a year and, a couple of days ago, it
    >> suddenly stopped working - in the middle of typing a sentence! A
    >> wireless mouse is part of the same setup (both talking to the same USB
    >> dongle) and the mouse still worked ok but the keyboard was completely
    >> dead. I checked the batteries, which were ok - fitted some news ones
    >> just in case - still nothing.
    >>
    >> Since the thing has a 3-year warranty, I rang the Silver Crest/Targa
    >> helpline (London number, but sounded like a German who answered) for advice.
    >>
    >> They said that the keyboard probably needed resetting, and to remove the
    >> batteries for 12 hours and then replace them and try again. My reaction
    >> was a bit like Naaman's (in the Bible) when told to bathe 7 times in the
    >> Jordan to cure his leprosy. Anyway, what the hell - I decided to give it
    >> a go. When I put the batteries back in 12 hours later - blow me, the
    >> think burst into life again - and I'm using it to type this.
    >>
    >> Has anyone got any clues as to what was wrong with it, and why removing
    >> power for 12 hours fixed it? Could I have speeded up the process by
    >> shorting the battery connections? If this is a common problem, shouldn't
    >> the makers fit a re-set button of some sort, and refer to it in the user
    >> manual?
    >> --
    >> Cheers,
    >> Roger
    >> ____________
    >> Please reply to Newsgroup. Whilst email address is valid, it is seldom
    >> checked.

    > I too have wireless mouse and keyboard. Before purchase I tested on
    > in the shop (PC world). It had a range of at least six meters. However
    > at home it won't work at a range of more than a meter. Anyone know
    > why?

    cos you probably have something else on the same channel, like a wifi
    router.

    Or 6 meters in your house is the other side of a wall covered in fold
    based plasterboard.

    > Just get the usual blank looks at PC world when I asked them.
    >
    > Mine also crashes out for unknown reasons from time to time but both
    > have connect buttons. Works instantly.

    Sounds like there is a fair bit of 2.4hz in your area.

    Now I live well away from other houses, but a friend in a suburban
    location can pick up no less than 4 wifi routers in his house, from his
    neighbours.
    The Natural Philosopher, Dec 30, 2010
  14. Roger Mills

    Man at B&Q Guest

    On Dec 29, 7:39 pm, Adrian <> wrote:
    > Roger Mills <> gurgled happily, sounding much like
    > they were saying:
    >
    > > I use a laptop as my main home computer, but like a full size keyboard -
    > > so use a wireless jobbie made by Targa GmbH and sold in the UK by Lidl
    > > under the Silver Crest brand.

    > > I've had this keyboard for nearly a year and, a couple of days ago, it
    > > suddenly stopped working - in the middle of typing a sentence! A
    > > wireless mouse is part of the same setup (both talking to the same USB
    > > dongle)

    > Bluetooth?
    >
    > Does the laptop have internal BT?
    >
    > > If this is a common problem, shouldn't the makers fit a re-set button
    > > of some sort

    > I've never come across a wireless mouse/keyboard that didn't have.

    I've never come across one that does. They have buttons to reconnect.

    MBQ
    Man at B&Q, Dec 30, 2010
  15. Roger Mills

    D.M.Chapman Guest

    In article <>,
    harry <> wrote:

    >I too have wireless mouse and keyboard. Before purchase I tested on
    >in the shop (PC world). It had a range of at least six meters. However
    >at home it won't work at a range of more than a meter. Anyone know
    >why?

    Don't suppose you've got it right next to a DECT phone? Or a wifi access
    point? That buggers them

    >Just get the usual blank looks at PC world when I asked them.

    Heh, normal. Try looking at the Macs and asking questions...

    >Mine also crashes out for unknown reasons from time to time but both
    >have connect buttons. Works instantly.

    Only wireless mouse I have that has worked 100 reliably is my MS Arc Mouse
    that I use with my laptop. Fantastic for a portable mouse (although I
    wish it was bluetooth)

    Darren
    D.M.Chapman, Dec 30, 2010
  16. In article <ifho6j$26q$-september.org>,
    D.M.Chapman <dmc@puffin.> wrote:
    > >I too have wireless mouse and keyboard. Before purchase I tested on
    > >in the shop (PC world). It had a range of at least six meters. However
    > >at home it won't work at a range of more than a meter. Anyone know
    > >why?

    > Don't suppose you've got it right next to a DECT phone? Or a wifi access
    > point? That buggers them

    I have a DECT phone right next to this wireless keyboard and mouse. Never
    experienced any problems.

    --
    *Why do psychics have to ask you for your name? *

    Dave Plowman London SW
    To e-mail, change noise into sound.
    Dave Plowman (News), Dec 30, 2010
  17. Roger Mills

    Roger Mills Guest

    On 30/12/2010 10:15, Man at B&Q wrote:
    > On Dec 29, 7:39 pm, Adrian<> wrote:
    >> Roger Mills<> gurgled happily, sounding much like
    >> they were saying:
    >>

    >>> If this is a common problem, shouldn't the makers fit a re-set button
    >>> of some sort

    >> I've never come across a wireless mouse/keyboard that didn't have.

    > I've never come across one that does. They have buttons to reconnect.
    >
    > MBQ

    Well the keyboard in question - which prompted this thread - has
    *neither* a reset button *nor* a connect button. It just works
    (usually!) when you put batteries in it and plug the USB dongle into the
    computer.
    --
    Cheers,
    Roger
    Roger Mills, Dec 30, 2010
  18. Roger Mills

    Bob Villa Guest

    On Dec 30, 5:14 am, "Dave Plowman (News)" <>
    wrote:
    > In article <ifho6j$-september.org>,
    >    D.M.Chapman <dmc@puffin.> wrote:
    >
    > > >I too have wireless mouse and keyboard.  Before purchase I tested on
    > > >in the shop (PC world). It had a range of at least six meters. However
    > > >at home it won't work at a range of more than a meter. Anyone know
    > > >why?

    > > Don't suppose you've got it right next to a DECT phone? Or a wifi access
    > > point? That buggers them

    > I have a DECT phone right next to this wireless keyboard and mouse. Never
    > experienced any problems.
    >
    > --
    > *Why do psychics have to ask you for your name? *
    >
    >     Dave Plowman                   London SW
    >                   To e-mail, change noise into sound.

    That was one reason for DECT 6...2.4/5.8MHz interfered with WIFI.
    Bob Villa, Dec 30, 2010
  19. Roger Mills

    D.M.Chapman Guest

    In article <>,
    Dave Plowman (News) <> wrote:

    >I have a DECT phone right next to this wireless keyboard and mouse. Never
    >experienced any problems.

    I had one that didn't, and one that did.

    Microsoft Arc mouse fine. Elcheapo noname unreliable. Moving the two apart
    by a few m largely cured the problem.

    Darren
    D.M.Chapman, Dec 30, 2010
  20. Roger Mills

    Bob Villa Guest

    On Dec 30, 5:43 am, Bob Villa <> wrote:
    > On Dec 30, 5:14 am, "Dave Plowman (News)" <>
    > wrote:

    > > > Don't suppose you've got it right next to a DECT phone? Or a wifi access
    > > > point? That buggers them

    > > I have a DECT phone right next to this wireless keyboard and mouse. Never
    > > experienced any problems.

    > > --
    > > *Why do psychics have to ask you for your name? *

    > >     Dave Plowman                   London SW
    > >                   To e-mail, change noise into sound.

    > That was one reason for DECT 6...2.4/5.8MHz interfered with WIFI.

    Sorry...that should be GHz not MHz.
    Bob Villa, Dec 30, 2010