    me, not a damn thing happens when i press that button... Is my system
    at fault or is the battery refresh useless?

    Ron

    Ron, Apr 16, 2012

  2. Ron

    BillW50 Guest

    In
    news:,
    Ron wrote:
    > My old Dell D610 has held up for a long time but now that I have put
    > in a new battry there is a mystery I want an answer to: what the heck
    > the refresh button actually does to (or for) a battery? It seems to
    > me, not a damn thing happens when i press that button... Is my system
    > at fault or is the battery refresh useless?

    Hi Ron! It has been about 6 months since I have seen a D610 and I don't
    recall that button. Anyway the first thing I think of is a battery
    capacity reset. And there is probably two capacities. One that is on the
    label and the other one what it thinks it really is. Which can change
    from use, age, etc.

    --
    Bill

    BillW50, Apr 16, 2012

  3. Ron

    Ron Guest

    On Apr 16, 3:30 pm, "BillW50" <> wrote:
    > Innews:,
    >
    > Ron wrote:
    > > My old Dell D610 has held up for a long time but now that I have put
    > > in a new battry there is a mystery I want an answer to: what the heck
    > > the refresh button actually does to (or for) a battery? It seems to
    > > me, not a damn thing happens when i press that button... Is my system
    > > at fault or is the battery refresh useless?

    > Hi Ron! It has been about 6 months since I have seen a D610 and I don't
    > recall that button.

    It's a software button available when you first right click on the
    power cord icon; that shows the batteries and what kind of charge they
    have. By clicking on the battery icon, it shows whatver data is
    available about the battery and there is where we get the software
    refresh button. But what it actually does, I don't know. It doesn't
    seem to actually do anything as far as I can tell.

    Ron

    Ron, Apr 17, 2012