A31 RAM Density specs

Discussion in 'IBM Thinkpad' started by Pham, Feb 10, 2004.

  1. Pham

    Pham Guest

    In buying more RAM for my A31 TP (2652-J3U) I'd like to buy a cheaper
    dimm than the easy choice of IBM's own stuff.

    Though I can figure out 200 pins, and 266MHz (or somewhat faster, I
    think) I'm unsure how to avoid screwing up on the "density" issue.

    How can I tell from a vendor's specs whether I'm looking at a dimm that
    will work all its bytes (& not just a half of them: this is a mistake I
    keep hearing about!) ?

    For instance, Newegg describes their so-dimms this way (below) and can
    you tell from that "organization" number whether this would be compatible?
    Thanks!
    -Dean

    Manufacturer: PMI-Power
    Speed: DDR333(PC2700)